LegacyGT.com

Acceleration Help

Alright, I have a question for you all. I am a rookie when it comes to this, but I love my Legacy and maintain it pretty well. So here is what is going on....I have a 2005 Legacy Limited, just the standard

When I accelerate from a stop or let's say like around a corner and I accelerate through it, the car will do a quick jolt, just like once or twice and it is only happening when am beginning to accelerate or it changes that first gear. I don't know what it is, but it is definitely noticeable. Once I am rolling above 40 no issues. There is no check engine light on either. The other thing is sometimes when I will come to a stop, the car will just die. It doesn't really even rough idle either, just dies. Then it will start up fine, no problem.

I just want to get to the bottom of this before it potentially gets worse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I had a similar issue where the car would shut off if it came to a stop. No CEL came on. Turns out my torque converter was having an issue. The dealership ended up giving me a remanufactured transmission. Good thing CPO covered all of the costs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sounds like torque converter lockup issue. If it stays locked when coming to a stop, it will stall the engine. Could be anything that the trans uses to control its lockup function. Id start at a trans shop and request they put gauges on it.

Just had my shop take it for a drive and they think it's the transmission with that jolt coming between gears. Definitely could be this torque converter issue. I have a guy who can look at it and I will pass along these notes. You think it could need a new tranny then? :($$$$ haha

Archived