LegacyGT.com

New Tires

You'll probably be able to notice the grip difference between dedicated summer tires and all season tires. If you're okay with that, then go for it. I really don't know much about those tires at all though.

Yeah I'm getting tired of the tire swap every fall. I have snow tires so I have been told I will notice a bit of a difference in both dry and snow grip. I have gone thru about 10 RE 050 at this point and need two more... at 250 a pop its getting old...

Yeah I'm getting tired of the tire swap every fall. I have snow tires so I have been told I will notice a bit of a difference in both dry and snow grip. I have gone thru about 10 RE 050 at this point and need two more... at 250 a pop its getting old...

So why do you keep paying so much for RE050s? You can find summer tires that are better than the RE050 and for less money.

I love the grip dry and wet, feel, little road noiseof the RE050. I think the manufacture of any car tires to pair up with the best tire for the purpose of the car. Also I am a believer in you get what you pay for, not always but often... But 90% of it is I'm tired of the tire swap every November and March and I'm willing to give a bit on the performance of the summer tire and the snow tire.

So why do you keep paying so much for RE050s? You can find summer tires that are better than the RE050 and for less money.

At least he didn't keep replacing RE92s.

Hopefully those Yokos are better in the winter than the Avid W4.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=124

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I love the grip dry and wet, feel, little road noiseof the RE050. I think the manufacture of any car tires to pair up with the best tire for the purpose of the car. Also I am a believer in you get what you pay for, not always but often... But 90% of it is I'm tired of the tire swap every November and March and I'm willing to give a bit on the performance of the summer tire and the snow tire.

Understandable, I liked the RE050 also, but I find the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec to be my absolute favorite performance tire. You can't go wrong with them for the price.

I do understand how the tire change over and be a pain. I don't know much about the tires you're looking at. They are brand new for 2010.

My buddy suggested the star specs (he has them on his WRX). I opted for a longer wearing tire that will work well thru the rainy season. Ended up getting the General UHP's (high performance all season) . Kinda regret it since my Leggy has more potential than the tires capabilities. Wish I would have gone with the Star specs.

^^^^ I want a longer wear tire as well. The RE050's are great but I got maybe 20k miles out of them. I can live with 30k. It's hard to balance wear and performance. I'll read up on the star specs...

I've read a ton of good things about the Direzza Star Specs.

Personally, I am in love w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's. Although they look like they don't do well in the wet, that is not true at all. The wet and dry grip is effing great. I have bought five sets of the RE-11's in various sizes, and each size is great. I have 225s, 245s, 265s, and 275s. If they came in a 315, I'd have them on my 911 as well. As far as long term wear, I'm not too sure these would be good for you.

I'm on about 15k on my current set on the Subaru. There's not much left, but that's also after several track days on top of the street miles. If you're just driving around normally and the occasional romp through the back roads, they'll be fine I'm sure.

I am running the Yokohama ENVigor in 235/40/18 on my 18" Rota Formula Mesh up north in Canada!

They arent a summer tire, but they are an all-season high performance tire, I opted for higher tread wear since I'm tired of changing tires every 2 summers! I've had Falken and General UHP's!

The wet grip of the envigor is amazing! I am completely stock, other than a cobb catback and soon to be lowered, but nothing wrong against them!

They grip quite well in the dry, but cant really push them at their limits since i dont have any suspension mods done to my car!

See here:

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+ENVigor+%28W%29&fromTireDetail=true&tirePageLocQty=

I have the W version, which is a bit higher end than the H&V.

Anyways, if you want more information, send me a PM!

For the price I paid, 500$ CAN installed for 18'' tires I couldnt pass the deal!!

JP

I went with the Envigors this spring on my Accord Coupe and am pretty impressed with them. As jproy said, the wet grip and stability is great. It looks like there's something to Yokahama's claim that they're a great balance of responsiveness and ride. I don't know about tread wear yet; I've only put a little over 5K miles on them. Surprisingly, I also get much better gas milage than I did with Michelin Pilot Exaltos I had on until last winter. (I used Blizzaks over the winter).

AZZMAN, why do you get your car aligned. I have never had mine aligned, 128,000 miles All my tires wear even.

Continential DWS check them out on Tirerack.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When I finally got rid of my stock tires (Those POS Potenza RE92s), I went with the Eagle GT F1 A/S tires at only $140 a tire. You cannot beat that price. The grip and performance in rain and dry makes my loins wet on how awesome the tires are.

I felt like I was driving a new car when I put these tires on. My tires no longer chirp either when power shifting. I am a firm believer in these tires. And THEY ARE QUIET even when the windows are all down. Not like the truck tire sounds the RE92s made going even as slow as 15 - 20 mph through neighborhoods.

There are no issues (shake/pull) even up to 130 but just to be sure so the tire wear is even and at those speeds everything needs to be just right...

AZZMAN, why do you get your car aligned. I have never had mine aligned, 128,000 miles All my tires wear even.

Continential DWS check them out on Tirerack.

I went from summer tires to all season due to hydro planing in the winter and I hate the all seasons no traction at all compared to the summers. I cant take corners for shit now i punched it the other day to pass someone and got a bit of wheel slip. If you drive your car hard think long and hard about your decision.

There are no issues (shake/pull) even up to 130 but just to be sure so the tire wear is even and at those speeds everything needs to be just right...

I guess I should stop driving that fast...j/k

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I went from summer tires to all season due to hydro planing in the winter and I hate the all seasons no traction at all compared to the summers. I cant take corners for shit now i punched it the other day to pass someone and got a bit of wheel slip. If you drive your car hard think long and hard about your decision.

:spin: So why were you running summer tires in the winter to begin with? Although Temecula is in SoCal right? How cold does it get that summer tires had issues?

OP: This is a good point here. If you're used to the grip of summer performance tires, all-season tires won't compare. The difference is like night and day.

On the other hand - during the seasonal swaps it's also a good time to check pads and rotors among other things. All-season tires are a compromise.

453747.png

Archived