LegacyGT.com

Going to the track today, any 1/4 mile guesses?

BNR16, hexmods valve body, big tmic, 1000cc injectors with supporting pump, sti up, catless down, stock cat-back. Almost fully tuned.

I'm going to brake boost the crap out of it.

I am going to guess I'll pull 13.3 @ 108mph.

Anyone else care to guess?

I'll post slips late tonight or tomorrow.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Yeah going to pacific tonight. Full interior, stock tires. Never dragged this car. Hold brake hard, floor throttle, lift brake when at full boost.

Sorry I just realized there's a sub forum for drag racing and dyno's please move this thread admins if you like.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

lol "almost fully tuned" what exactly does that mean? Ill say 14.2

Still dialing it in. Feels good and good afr's wot. Cruise is being worked on.

Guys, don't forget he had a sub-5 0-60; don't be so harsh!

High 13, low side of 12.

. . That's if you don't kaboom your center diff. #inb4kaboom

Really gonna put those Hexmods to work, eh? :lol:

You just HAD to say that now didn't you! :lol:

Something went boom, sounds like it's from the front differential but I will not know until I dig into it tomorrow.

I was able to limp it home. It would sound and drive perfectly normal then suddenly GRIIIIIIINNNNDDD and rpm's would climb. Lift off throttle and rpm's drop back down then BANG back engaged again.

I should have put those hexmods bushings in. I have them sitting here. :(

I'm on the right car 540.

13.678 @ 100mph.

slip.thumb.jpg.e0efed110978633843773165c06b6d34.jpg

I have to wonder. There is no fluid loss under the car. Assuming the center differential took a dump if I'll be able to source parts and repair it or am I going to have to find a used trans.

• Moderators
I have to wonder. There is no fluid loss under the car. Assuming the center differential took a dump if I'll be able to source parts and repair it or am I going to have to find a used trans.

Probably easiest / fastest to source a new working trans and swap over the hexmods F1 VB and install the center diff bushings. Then take a look at your stock trans and figure out if you can salvage it. Repair and resell it if you can.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

So, was it worth it?

Yes it was. Thank you.

No real surprise, for sure. OP, when you were talking about brake boosting I assumed you had already installed the center differential bushings.

Yeah, same here, which was why I didn't cringe when I first read this.

Gex you are the WINNER!

Yep my big fail was I intended to install those bushings immediately after I installed the VB. I had so much intention I even updated my sig. Then I completely forgot I had them......until last night. LOL

Got the tail housing pulled today. Yup sure enough the planetary gears are all messed up.

I couldn't remember how to remove it so I stopped.

It appears a LOT of the metal pieces / flakes stuck to the magnetic pick up that's in the center differential! That's awesome. I will replace the trans filter and clean out all the metal when I put it back together.

Tomorrow *weather dependent* I'll get it all out so you can see the nasty carnage.

Pics to follow!

*Side note, luckily I found the whole gear set with frictions and steels, tail housing and that aluminum spacer between the trans and tail housing for $250 shipped!

Woo hoo!

BTW: Does anyone know if the first stop for the fluid after it gets pulled up from the pan is to the filter?

That would make the most sense but if anyone can confirm or deny this that would be great. I cannot find a hydraulic flow chart for this trans.

• Moderators
BTW: Does anyone know if the first stop for the fluid after it gets pulled up from the pan is to the filter?

That would make the most sense but if anyone can confirm or deny this that would be great. I cannot find a hydraulic flow chart for this trans.

The filter is the first thing that the fluid hits after leaving the case.

Case-->filter-->radiator-->back to case

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I am going to guess I'll pull 13.3 @ 108mph.

108mph is really moving, was the 100mph a result of your diff breaking? Or did you break afterwards? I thought these cars could trap nearly 100mph in stock trim.

Ran 12.9 @ 104 in my old 2.0 WRX with less than 250whp. It's amazing how much a few lbs and a 5EAT will slow you down.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived