LegacyGT.com

MA Members: Single License Plate bill SB 1637

schwinn

Hello fellow MA members,

Per the SEMA action notice I received (see http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa_2013MA1&g=SEMAGA) I encourage other members to email the committee and let them know you want them to support this bill.

For those who don't want to compose their own email, I offer my email text as a template for you to use in your own letter:

To the Joint Transportation Committee:

I am writing to you to encourage support for S.B. 1637 which would allow us to return to a single license plate in Massachusetts.

S.B. 1637 would save the state money and resources by not having to manufacture a second plate, as well as eliminating the needless enforcement which wastes the time of our already stretched police departments.. It would also bring Massachusetts in line with other states that have already moved to a single plate requirement.

S.B. 1637 would also protect the aesthetic contours of collector cars and relieve vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on some fabricated and original bumpers. Many modern cars would also benefit from the lack of a flat-plate on the front of an otherwise aerodynamically and aesthetically curved bumper.

Finally, S.B. 1637 would also allow the state to finally eliminate the old "green" license plates that many drivers currently have. The old plates are often illegible, especially since they are no longer reflective after all these years, yet many owners continue to use them because they don't want to install a second plate. This would also help to reduce confusion and allow the state to have a single, harmonious law about license plates, instead of being the only state in the country that allows some people to use one plate while requiring others to use two.

For these and many other reasons, I encourage you to support S.B. 1637 and hope to see it become a law.

Thank you,

<Name and Address>

EDIT: Feel free to forward this to your friends or repost it on other forums...

• 2 weeks later...
CT- No front plate here, they don't really care bout it that much, 2 yrs and going strong...

I got stopped in the SVX before we sold it because it was missing a front plate. It was in the front window on the dash so he let me go without checking my license and registration. Which is good because I had left my purse at home that day and didn't have my license on me.

Unfortunately my husband and I don't seem to be able to get away with much in CT.

Archived