LegacyGT.com

I've had it with Best Buy

Bdubs

I hate that place, I really do. I say that everytime, yet I always go back there.

It's like the Wal-mart of electronic stores.

I needed some small speaker stands for my theater system and I figured instead of ordering them online from TigerDirect, I could just go and pick them up and it'd be easier. Well, I couldn't find the stands after about 15 mins, so after walking around and finding someone, they show me where they are. Well, I couldn't find them because someone dumped a 42" TV in front of the section, I guess that explains why I couldn't find them.

So, I look through the 4 different ones they have there, and not one is under $60. For 2 speakers no heavier than 6 pounds, I think that was a bit steep, especially because of the "You put it together" kind of garbage they sell anyway. So, I find an open box special like I usually do, and for $51 I could get a $62 set. Score, it says no missing parts, nothing is damaged, and I did open it and check, and it looked like all was intact.

Well fast forward 20 mins later, I get home take it all out and its missing 2 critical parts, and was obvious these weren't just a "Oh, not my style" box. Someone had these together and looked like they tried to duct tape where the piece was missing. Well, I guess its my own fault, mistake one going there in the first place, and second buying an open box special.

Regardless, it said nothing was missing, so why should I think any different? I guess TigerDirect wins my business again, free shipping and $20 cheaper.

Caveat Emptor

I'm sure others have Best Buy horror stories. Mine was rather simple, but its a damn 30 minute drive to go back there.

Ive never had problems, but I dont shop there very much.

I did get a giftcard there for XMAS, and I bought a set of open box computer speakers. They work great, all they are missing is the remote, but I dont car about that. They told me their return policy for any open box item is 14 days. Cant you take them back?

Guest heightsgtltd
No, because Jews are cheap :lol:

Man are you ignorant! Would you apply the same stupid stereotypes to black people on here, Asians or gay people?

Hope this was worth it to you ;)

Guest heightsgtltd
Any normal Jew would love a store where you can get Total Recall and The Running Man in a two pack bundle for $11.

Quoted for posterity and what's to come

Archived