LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage?

I have put about 1300 miles on my 2005 LGT wagon since I bought it. my mileage (city) is avg. 16.5 to 17 mpg is this common?

Has 77000miles, cobb cai ,fresh rebuild (due to broken ringland) belt pump etc. 2000 miles on stock turbo (cat ate the orginal turbo) invida catless up, stock exhaust.

Steve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're predominantly driving in city traffic, 16-17mpg seems reasonable. Echoing Mike07LGT, you may benefit from a tune with the CAI and catless UP. I average ~22.5mpg, combined city (suburbia)/highway.

I get 27 confirmed highway with my Cobb AP3 OTS Tuned Stage 1 Map on 93 oct, but when I like to hear my turbo and exhaust :wub:, it slinks down to ~22-23 MPG. I usually end up at or around 22 MPG, and my 3000 mile average is 23 MPG - That's with a generous helping of powerband pulls :eek:, as my drive is all straight interstate with a lot of hils, and once in a while (read twice a day) I like to row through my gears :):woowoo:

I get great 25+ on my DD. it's 32 mile one way, mostly highway, coming home it's 10 miles shorter but almost all of it's back roads up hill.

Hint, these car's don't so well in city traffic, make sure you drive on the open road to get everything hot enough to boil the water condensation out of the oil. That's should be done once every couple weeks at least.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I see about 20 around town, maybe 25 on the highway. But at the moment, i have a stage 3 tune on a car with stage 2 mods. Unfortunately, it was the only tune i could find to get the car inspected (good ole 420 code).

Im hoping to see much better with a tune, and/or the AP economy tune.

Seems normal to me, I got 14-16 city stock in the winter, once march came around started getting 17-18 city. My City driving involves 25mph avg speed & lots of hills. Stock highway I got 24-25mpg.

Tuning just the AVCS table got me 28mpg average highway, but city is still the same.

get your car tuned! I get 24mpg in city on my Stage 2 DD, in Denver, where we sit in hours of traffic because everyone and their mom wants to move here. :p

What's your average speed? Also who did your tune? Installing a divoriced -1cat downpipe hasn't really yielded me any gains city or highway it seems.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

"Good" so 17 is normal, I get about 22 to 24 hwy .I had the car tuned by jr at P&L before the broken ringland(jr caught the bad piston), the tuner wants me to put some miles on the motor before they tune it again.

Oh yea gotta love the whoosh sound right!

Thanks.

Like everyone says, get it tuned! I get 27.5 average, 3/5 freeway and 2/5 city with a standard Cobb stage 1 tune and a drop in K&N filter. It's my DD and I drive on average 300miles a week. (dumb 60mile to and from work commute...)

Took a trip to Moab, a good 266 Miles and I averaged 30 doing 75

get your car tuned! I get 24mpg in city on my Stage 2 DD, in Denver, where we sit in hours of traffic because everyone and their mom wants to move here. :p

Im one of those people that want to move there but im not driving around the city lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

My numbers are the same. Stock with no extras.

28mpg is really good... I dont think you would see much better than that with a tune unless there's some exaggeration.... or you never boost the car at all. Best ive seen with my car which has a great tune on it is 26mpg on the highway. I average 23mpg and thats boosting here and there haha

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I get 20 combined. Have not had it on the highway for some time now.

Im sure the last thing you are worried about is gas mileage after all you have been through you probably are extremely happy that the car is running again!!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived