LegacyGT.com

Trunk lid / JDM tails

• I Donated

I like the center section of the JDM tail lights much more...but I know they will not fit our US cars....

The trunk lids will swap over right? That way I could use the full JDM tail set

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Haha. I have a few people/companies looking around for me. I'm sure the shipping will be rugged but I have no doubt it'll be totally worth it. I have yet to see a Gen2 BD with a JDM trunk lid...
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I dunno, I guess it is neat to be different, but as i said, I prefer the look of the USDM lid. one thing i have considered if i could somehow find a cheap JDM center flourish was seeing if i can graft either the JDM "LEGACY" red part onto a USDM piece, or graft the USDM backup lights onto the JDM unit.

If I could remove either one completely, I would be happy. I've considered doing this using the baking method but, of course, I have no oven large enough to house the center garnish. If I find one, I'm certainly going to give it a shot. My guess is that the lettering might still be there after I remove them though... Sort of "ghost letters" or something. I suppose I'll find out eventually.

I've also thought about completely removing the entire center garnish and fabbing something up for the reverses. I just haven't come up with any decent ideas for the location of them. *shrug*

I've thought about it. I'm just not sure I can keep that much area hot enough at once to pull it all apart... I suppose I could attempt to heat the entire thing, then work my way around if it isn't hot enough in some places. It can't hurt, really. Unless that damn sealant ends up melting, stringing and sticking to something. That's always a P.I.T.A.

From the looks of it, it has pop-in tabs and screws all the way around which leads me to believe that it shouldn't be all that difficult to get apart. Only time will tell!

The garnishes aren't black btw, they aren't even remotely tinted, that pic was just poorly exposed...

Seriously though guy's, I live in a world of these things, and I can tell you the USDM boot lid looks far nicer... Not because the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but because it matches the BG boot lid nicely, and I think BG's are just sex on wheels - end of story... The JDM BD boot just looks to flat square and booring to me...

I kind of like the flat look. Probably because it's different that what I see every day. Hell, I would even mind removing the center brake light. Have it totally bare and simple. I like simple. :)

Oh yeah... @Reuben

I'm going to get a new rear spoiler/wing on my BG5/BK and I was wondering which version/type yours was. I can't seem to find any pictures of them ANYWHERE so I have no idea what the difference is. Everything on my car is V/Type-2 (Kouki) but I'm curious how a V/Type-1 (Zenki) might look...

for real. if its the same stuff that was in the headlights if you use a good heat gun it'll stay nice and melted for a got 20 to 30 minutes. if not. do a corner at a time . and pull it open and put somthing in to hold it open. :D I may try this soon my self. my front end looks good now. but now the rear looks blah.

Btw I think the spoiler is A 98 GT-B JDM its what it looks like anyway

Archived