LegacyGT.com

Review: Service at AZP Installs

bluesuby

I recently had the timing belt, radiator hoses and a/c and alternator belts changed at AZP Installs in Kenilworth, NJ. I decided to stay overnight so AZP could get started on a cold car first thing in the morning (9am) and coming from South Jersey I went up Sunday evening to avoid traffic.

I'm very pleased with the work and they had me back on the road by 1:15 pm so I beat the rush hour on Monday. All told, the bill was $876 including a couple small hoses needing replacement and tax. I would definitely come back again for larger jobs. There was no nickel and dime nonsense over additional labor for the add-ons and unexpected parts. Very honest shop.

The Kenilworth Inn is about a half mile away and although it's no Ritz Carlton, it's clean and quiet. They have an $89 rate on Sunday nights, but I paid with United Frequent Flyer Miles. Breakfast is continental, so go for the bagels. It's also in a safe area so your car will be there in the morning.

If you decide on coming in and getting dinner on Sunday, try neighboring Roselle Park. Costa's is good Italian food on Chestnut Street near Westfield Avenue (if you get off the Parkway, use exit 137 and head east). There are a number of Portuguese and Brazilian restaurants and barbeque places on Westfield Avenue as well.

I know many of you may look at North Jersey as a place to avoid, but the Kenilworth/Roselle Park area is safe and convenient to get to. Enjoy your road trip.

Road tripping for an AZP appointment. That's hardcore. Based on Mike's reputation on here, though, it was probably worth it. :)

I think it was worth it....athough my wife told me it was a dumb thing before I left. She changed her mind later when I got home early and saved over dealer prices. I forgot to metion, AZP uses the Gates kit, so it was much more than a timing belt change.

Did you spend all morning sitting in the Racing seat playing the game?

No, I walked around Roselle Park and took photos of the house my great grandfather built (and my parents lived in), the school where I went to kindergarten, and some of the other sights familiar to my family. Nice day and a nice town which didn't change much over the years. Then I went back and sat on the couch after three hours of walking.

AZP is great...my brother is getting his sti aligned there on Tuesday and I will have my timing belt done there in another 5000 miles...top quality work with solid prices...

AZP gets my vote hands down for great work. They're the type of gentlemen who do honest work with honest passion. I also stayed at the Kenilworth inn, as stated not a five star hotel, but it gets the job done. My next trip up that way should be next month for some odds and ends. Plus I overall love the environment around there.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

• 2 years later...

Archived