LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

in the mailbox headed to my house i hope!

right?? lol

Funny you should say that. If you ever need to know, yes, the bumper from a '68 Caprice wagon will definitely fit in your legacy along with the rest of the mail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on offset. Something in the +46ish should be okay, providing you don't have a super-wide tire (something greater than 225/40). If you're trying to run +35ish, and a 225/40, without camber, you're going to rub. If you're trying to run 245es or greater, you're likely going to rub running anything less than +45. I'm running 225/40x17 +41 on my 98 and it will occasionally rub on hard compression. Not much camber available with stock setup.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

From my experience, especially on an awd vehicle, spacers or adaptors are going to compromise the life of the bearing.

If you did have the right width and you compensated for the spacer with offset and maintained the same load center, it should be ok

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Well damn. I got these rims for free and im painting them and they dont look bad but I wasn't sure if they'd work for me. I might just try selling them then and buy some rims that wouldn't mess with the bearings

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That's def what I'd do.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I hear that man. Just do what you can and if you can only do upkeep and maintenance then fine. Its more respectable to have a car that has great maintenance history and is clean and bone stock than a shitbox with fancy trinkets.

Just because its not modded doesn't mean you aren't an enthusiast!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody??? Also what year WRX front strut bar fits a 1998 legacy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
hi guys this is my first post i have coilovers on my 94 bd and am looking at getting wheels how wide are the stock wheels and how wide of a wheel could i run i am happy to roll the fenders but nothing to aggressive. I was thinking of a 17" or 18" wheel. Thanks for the help>:):)