LegacyGT.com

5-13-07 Track Event at Streets of Willow

FX35B4

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Mark, how many second you improve to switch street to race tires at Streets?

I haven't got a chance to really test them out yet. The last time that I was at the Streets it was raining all day long. I did manage to clock a few 1:32.xx when it wasn't raining, but the ground was still damp...

On a dry day, I say R comps should be at least 2 seconds faster per lap.

Good find!!! My bald street tires FTL :p... I'm sure I'll be able to keep up with this guy now with my R-comps :icon_twis...

Watching the video I could see that you were fighting the car quite a bit, your old heat cycled out street tires were definitely not hanging on. I'm pretty sure you would pull on the same STi on good rubber.

BTW, don't figure on seeing me at the track till late summer at best. My number 2 cylinder is down on compression and I'm going to be pulling the motor in the next week or so for a rebuild. Of well, with some nice forged internals, ported heads/bigger valves and some more tuning hopefully I'll be back out there in a big way.:)

Mark, what size tires are you using? For track purposes I might go to 235/40/17 (17x8 wheels). I'm debating whether or not i should go 235 or stay with 225's.

Hey Rex, I would go with 235/40 over 225/45's. You want to have as much rubber on the pavement as possible for track purposes for maximum grip. Currently I'm running 235/45/17 RA-1's. I had previously ran several sets of 245/40/17's, which I still think is the best size for our cars, although you may need to roll your fenders with this size depending on the offset of your wheels.

Watching the video I could see that you were fighting the car quite a bit, your old heat cycled out street tires were definitely not hanging on. I'm pretty sure you would pull on the same STi on good rubber.

BTW, don't figure on seeing me at the track till late summer at best. My number 2 cylinder is down on compression and I'm going to be pulling the motor in the next week or so for a rebuild. Of well, with some nice forged internals, ported heads/bigger valves and some more tuning hopefully I'll be back out there in a big way.:)

Sorry to hear about your cylinder problem :( ... Too much power for the stock internals to handle? Can't wait for the rebirth of your new built motor so that you can tear up the track once again.

Come to think of it, I may have to have my motor rebuild sometime down the road the way I use my car...

Paul, bummer to hear about the motor issues.....but, man, that's just way too much dejavu for me! remember, I offered to swap engines for a killer deal (opps, sorry...salt in an open wound). ;)

I can't make it this weekend 'cause I forgot about my company's annual Golf Tourney. just a bunch of hacks like me out on the first tee by 7 AM. typically everyone's drunk by the turn on hole 9. it gets downright rowdy by the last few holes. :p

How about So Cal LGT golf tournament near future?

In for that! BTW Shiro, I tried the Fourteen 2 iron hybrid and it is a beautiful club, but regrettably my meager golf skills are not sufficient to properly use it. Next time I see you I will happily return it to you. BTW, can you PM me the address to Hiro's Automotive? I have uppipes back in stock and would like to send it out to you.

Archived