LegacyGT.com

Speaker Upgrade

TheGreyHearse

Impreza's/WRX's (2012-2014) have a SubieParts.com upgrade for the OEM speakers - they're listed as Kicker-brand speakers (http://www.subieparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_153_156&products_id=1387). They have the 3-hole mount of Gen 4 (2010-2014) Legacy/Outback vehicles but I'm unsure if they are the same size speaker - will they swap in without cutting/fitting/modifying? Needing to modify the usual 4-hole mounts of most aftermarket speakers to fit my car keeps me from using them. I realize that there are great aftermarket speakers out there probably much better that these Kicker's for the Impreza/WRX but after doing the modifications on several other cars over the last 40 years I'm lazy and want to do something quick and dirty If anyone knows, please share that info with me. Thanks.

I just did my 3rd Gen Legacy speakers today, use crutchfield.com and it'll tell you if it'll fit. I didn't even need spacers or anything, bolted right onto factory bracket. I would highly recommend however buying a D type battery, so you can tell if the wire is positive or negative, or buy the wire that clips into factory connector. It took me six hours to do, but I however have NO modding experience of any sort, and this was my first time working on my car with no supervision from anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How is the sound of the stock system with aftermarket speakers? is it noticeably better?

In my 08 swapping out new speakers made a huge difference. And I went with fairly cheap speakers.

Archived