LegacyGT.com

Do you like the sleeper aspect, or do you like to be loud?

Do yo like the sleeper look or not  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do yo like the sleeper look or not

• Yes
    • No
    • I haz stikerz and bling, do tha math
    • I drive a 2.5i ... :-/

I guess this applies more to the LGT wagon owners, but I'm curious if you guys and gals like the sleeper aspect associated with owning a fast wagon/sedan.

Reason I ask is a convo with a guy at work yesterday. Started with some ball breaking in the break room about him opening a cabinet within inches of my face, I said I bet he doesn't signal either, he insults my driving (because I got t-boned leaving work after a blizzard), then calls me out for driving a "station wagon" now. :lol: After a hearty chuckle I replied "sport wagon". "There's no such thing as a sport wagon" I asked him what he drove and he replied a truck (great answer).

So I get back to my desk and fire off an email with a link to a MT or C&D review of the car, noting the 5.8 sec 0-60 marks. Needless to say today he was rather surprised to find out such a vehicle exsisted.

I personally love the ability to have a fun DD that doesn't attract attention from ricers, cops and the general public. So I'm just curious about everyone else.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sleeper. ish.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I guess this applies more to the LGT wagon owners, but I'm curious if you guys and gals like the sleeper aspect associated with owning a fast wagon/sedan.

Reason I ask is a convo with a guy at work yesterday. Started with some ball breaking in the break room about him opening a cabinet within inches of my face, I said I bet he doesn't signal either, he insults my driving (because I got t-boned leaving work after a blizzard), then calls me out for driving a "station wagon" now. :lol: After a hearty chuckle I replied "sport wagon". "There's no such thing as a sport wagon" I asked him what he drove and he replied a truck (great answer).

So I get back to my desk and fire off an email with a link to a MT or C&D review of the car, noting the 5.8 sec 0-60 marks. Needless to say today he was rather surprised to find out such a vehicle exsisted.

I personally love the ability to have a fun DD that doesn't attract attention from ricers, cops and the general public. So I'm just curious about everyone else.

Hey, to each his own. One of the reasons I purchased an LGT over an Sti or Wrx is because of the sleeper aspect of it. I was 33 at the time of purchase, and figured it was time to act like more of a grown up with respect to my car choices. I also love that imprezas are a dime a dozen, however, Legacys and modded ones in particular are hard to find on the streets. My LGT is no so much a sleeper as I have modded the exterior and it looks modded. In comparison to Wrx's and Sti's and Evo's for that matter with their huge wings and spoilers, my car is still a sleeper.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

I like a little more sound out of my exhaust then the SpecB has. My 05 wagon had a great sound at stage2. Catless, stock cans.

I like the look and the knowledge of having a wagon that will surprise a lot of people.

The Spec is nice to drive, but it's silver and blends in with all the other gray/silver four dooors out there. Sometimes that's agood thing... But I don't like looking around the highway and see five or six gray/silver cars in one view.

At least with the black wagon...you don't see many of them.

Once I put the muffler deletes on the Spec I may enjoy it more.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I love the fact that the LGT is a sleeper in a sense. It's a throw off of the "traditional" modded cars. Not to mention, just owning a legacy decreases your insurance over an impreza. Thats beacause the age group that owns the impreza's compared to legacy's are generally younger people.

That and most people have no idea it's basically the same engine as an STI

I just love that its a great 4 door DD/family car that is luxurious (i have the LTD), as well as it's fast, with out being annoying.

I vote sleeper. The only "tells" on my car are the FMIC and exhaust, which is soon to be returned to stock. (too loud)

Otherwise, I'm tinted, debadged, lowered, with blacked out headlights and tails; but that doesn't change the sleeper status, IMO.

I vote sleeper. The only "tells" on my car are the FMIC and exhaust, which is soon to be returned to stock. (too loud)

Otherwise, I'm tinted, debadged, lowered, with blacked out headlights and tails; but that doesn't change the sleeper status, IMO.

What type of exhaust are you running? My exhaust note is so mellow I barely notice it. I'm running an Autospeed TBE. Just went with a catless Invidia and it's still mellow.

HKS Silent Hi-Power. Too loud behind my Cobb catted DP/TXS catless UP/20gxt/Perrin ELH.

I'm selling the catback for a stock exhaust, and I'm seriously considering the boost-activated cutout for behind the DP.

Well - Wagon with trailer hitch, can it be more of a sleeper?

Only thing that is a giveaway is the hood scoop, but on the other hand - all Subaru diesels here has a hood scoop... So if someone has a GT then it hides very well here.

453747.png

Yeah, the hood scoop causes some police officers to be a little more observant, but otherwise, the more understated nature of the LGT is why I got it in the first place. Mature looks, good performance, and a touch of luxury.

I do want an STi one day, but only to accompany (and not replace) the LGT.

I voted sleeper but the LGT is my wife's and she asked me if I could put a bigger hood scoop on it. While my STI is completely shaved with a limited spoiler. To the "it's basically the same engine as an STI". The internals are the same yes but come on. Great car and I love the more luxurious interior but the LGT doesn't really even come close to the STI in any performance category. I should know since I own and love them both.

I voted sleeper but the LGT is my wife's and she asked me if I could put a bigger hood scoop on it. While my STI is completely shaved with a limited spoiler. To the "it's basically the same engine as an STI". The internals are the same yes but come on. Great car and I love the more luxurious interior but the LGT doesn't really even come close to the STI in any performance category. I should know since I own and love them both.

Well, hopefully you're comparing stock LGT to stock Sti. Otherwise you can make an LGT handle and as quick as an Sti. After all parts are all pretty much interchangeable.

I like my car to stand out from the rest, especially when noone can tell wtf it is. My car isnt 'LOUD' but it makes some noise (ERZ Catted DP and Agency Power 3" Exhaust). I voted 'I haz stickerz and bling' because it was definitely my favorite option, I do indeed have 2 stickers (representing my shop) and aftermarket wheels, a drop, a grille, JDM spats, front lip, tinted taillights - I wouldnt have done any of that unless I wanted to be noticed.
On the search for a new DD...

Hey, to each his own. One of the reasons I purchased an LGT over an Sti or Wrx is because of the sleeper aspect of it. I was 33 at the time of purchase, and figured it was time to act like more of a grown up with respect to my car choices. I also love that imprezas are a dime a dozen, however, Legacys and modded ones in particular are hard to find on the streets. My LGT is no so much a sleeper as I have modded the exterior and it looks modded. In comparison to Wrx's and Sti's and Evo's for that matter with their huge wings and spoilers, my car is still a sleeper.

Agreed on all accounts. My LGT is still stock, so it IS literally sleeping, and not a sleeper. But I have no visual mods planned, and at most Epic springs for lowering and other Subaru OEM wheels for summer use.

BTW, I don't consider "sleeper" to be derogatory. If anything, if you can't tell by my first post, I'd call it a compliment.

I've noticed a lot less ricing on this forum than some other forums I've been a part of, which is refreshing to say the least :)

IMO, even heavily modded LGTs are sleepers (wagons x 10).

Even with go-fast parts (Exaust/BOV/FMIC/Brembos) most people on the street catagorize my car as a lowered accord/camry with rims. For the most part, the only people that know (and appreciate) what our cars are capable of are fellow suby enthusiast.

IMO, even heavily modded LGTs are sleepers (wagons x 10).

Even with go-fast parts (Exaust/BOV/FMIC/Brembos) most people on the street catagorize my car as a lowered accord/camry with rims. For the most part, the only people that know (and appreciate) what our cars are capable of are fellow suby enthusiast.

Agreed. My brother just saw my car for the first time and what did he say when he did? "That's nice". "What is it"?

I voted for stickerz and bling cause i have white wheels and stickers. However I like to think its a sleeper because the exterior mods don't clue you into the 400 whp part.

Yes. What parts do you have? I would like 400Whp too. Is it the white wheels and stickers? If so what kind of stickers and what brand of white wheels?

Archived