LegacyGT.com

Clutch Pedal Clicking and Feel Wierd

EPLegacyGT

So the Leg's been making some wierd clicking sound with the clutch pedal.

I would like to post a video of the sound to help out but i dont know how?

Any help in either situation would be great.

I checked underneath and the spring is fine. The hinge is greased I have no clue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUinbYkQRY]YouTube - 05 LGT Clutch Pedal Clicking[/ame]

If everything is normal, it's most likely the clutch switch for the starter interlock. Get under your dash and try to operate the clutch by hand, or have a friend do it with a bat when you're under there.

Otherwise, it's from the pedal linkage or the master cylinder is sticking a bit. In either case, you should be fine. Just keep an eye on the fluid level, if you start to lose fluid, it'll be from the MC.

You got a pic of this starter interlock switch. Now that you say that my buddy couldnt start the car last week. He would push the clutch the hole way and it wouldnt start. As if youd turn the key without pressing the clutch. Thanks again.

My clutch was doing the exact same thing a couple months ago. I was very worried and the noise seemed to get worse. Believe it or not, it went away on its own after about 2 weeks. I have noticed the "click" here and there, but I hear it once, then its gone. Like you, I did a bunch of research on here and cannot find much info, so for now I'm leaving it alone.

I just noticed the other day that if i lift off the clutch really fast, i can feel and hear a click. When i lift off normally ( slower ), then no such noise or feel. This is on a 2005 i recently bought that had less than 10k on a new single mass FW and clutch.

Thanks for the tips, i will stick my head down there and try to simulate, hope its only the switch as i was dreading how much the little click might end up costing ...

• 2 years later...
I have the same click on my 01 gt. Just started doing It. I noticed that if you keep your heel as high as possible while repeatedly pressing and releasing there is no click. I thougtht it was the rubber pedal pad but it isnt. Maybe a bad throwout bearing or pressure plate? I do have a throwout bearing that is begging me for a change too lol

• 7 months later...

A similar clicking just started on my 05 LGT today. There's a clicking just as the clutch reaches the floor. I wondered about the switch, but when I opened my door I could hear it much more clearly and when I popped the hood and had someone else push it, is sounds like it's coming from a spot about a foot below the intercooler. My car had a new clutch and flywheel about 10k miles ago. Car feels normal otherwise and so far everything is engaging normally.

Thoughts?

Archived