LegacyGT.com

Queens NY, Star Subaru Rant!

Sorry guy, I know I just need to vent. I went to Star Subaru dealer on Mar 8, 2009 looking into buying an 09 DGM GT. I did my research on carbuyingtips.com and went to two other dealers around my area. We finally settled on a deal for a New factory ordered car with Compass rear view mirror, extending armrest, front rock guard, and floor mats for 26,500 pre-tax. They took $100 deposit from me but I made them put down it was refundeable to protect myself.

The following day the sales guy give me a call and says, "Hey, we found you the same car in CT, with a few more extras but its going to be more than the price we gave you." I denied his offer and asked him to order the car for me and to give me a VIN whenever they get it. Fast forwards to April 1, 2009, I finally decide to give them a call because I haven't heard from them for 3 weeks. They knew exactly who I was the minute I called. I wanted an status on the vehicle. I got this lame statement from the salesguy, "We already factory ordered your GT, but its not here yet. But...we also found another GT upstate with some miles on it" I was so outraged at the point. The salesguy suddenly threw the phone to the sales manager. We spoke briefly and he said, "It's quite busy here this morning, but i'll give the factory a call today." *what a coincidence* "Why dont you give us a call back tomorrow for an update." I told him, "Yea, sure thing, but your salesguy told me it would only take 3-4 weeks for my car to get here." Manager instinctively responds, "Give it another 1-2 weeks, just give us a call back tomorrow."

This kinda crap just ruins my day. I had the day off today (company cutting back hours) and I wanted some good news. This would be my first new car purchase and its not turning out so well. What should I do guys? Sorry for the long ass post.

yeah they are doing reverse J-turns in your car so the miles will not pile up, then they will call you and be like, "we have your car in" . I have a question. Why you getting an new car if you job is cutting back on hours. I would think you would wait till things are better to get into a new, unless you paying cash or have a great down payment.

yeah they are doing reverse J-turns in your car so the miles will not pile up, then they will call you and be like, "we have your car in" . I have a question. Why you getting an new car if you job is cutting back on hours. I would think you would wait till things are better to get into a new, unless you paying cash or have a great down payment.

My current car is on its way to hell, 2000 Honda Accord V6 with its infamous tranny problems. I won't regret purchasing the car once I get it. I'm putting down 15-20k down on the car and I have their lowest APR which is 2.9%. I've read so many horror stories of people getting the BS runaround from dealers. I never thought I would also be one of them.

I'm not sure on the factory order thing but I would think you would have to put down more money and/or sign a contract? BTW...did you call Bay Ridge Subaru in Brooklyn? If you don't mind a drive, try Stamford Subaru too or Metric in LI.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Try Port Subaru in Roslyn or Universal Subaru in Queens, if you have not done so already. But why do you want it straight from the factory? Why not try to deal os something cheaper that they can find from other dealerships?

X

---

I'm not sure on the factory order thing but I would think you would have to put down more money and/or sign a contract? BTW...did you call Bay Ridge Subaru in Brooklyn? If you don't mind a drive, try Stamford Subaru too or Metric in LI.

I went to Bay Ridge Subaru before I headed over to Star. Their price was no where near the price I got at Star. Yea, I'm starting to think I won't get my car from them since I didn't really sign a contract. I'll give those two dealers a call and see if they can help me out. Thank you.

Try Port Subaru in Roslyn or Universal Subaru in Queens, if you have not done so already. But why do you want it straight from the factory? Why not try to deal os something cheaper that they can find from other dealerships?

X

Star Subaru is in the process of buying out Universal Subaru. When I first went to the dealer, they couldn't check the system to see if there were any GT's available in the tristate area. So I told them, I rather them get it straight from the factory. The salesman said something like they only make 200,000 Subaru's and the leftovers are kept in Boston??? I wasn't sure what he was talking about. But now they're saying its coming from the factory.

Cars in Boston are Subaru of New England, not Subaru of America. SNE is the last independent distributor of Subaru vehicles in the USA. The Boch auto group owns and controls every new Subaru sold up here. You may have to settle on something in inventory or a dealer swap if you want to see one anytime soon.

Good luck.

i bought my GT from star last year. i didn't have any issues with the sale, but my family does have a lrelationship dating back almost 10 years with star nissan/subaru. wanna uy my 08 LGT 5spd w/ just under 9k?

If you do not have any signed paperwork for the factory order then something sounds fishy to me. Typically a factory order takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks and can be as long as 6-8 weeks.

i placed an order for a 3.0 limited with a dealer on LI about a week ago. originally it was supposed to be black and that wasnt going to be a problem. monday i get a call that all i can get is quartz metallic...basically they are not ordering any more cars (someone indicated this in another post somewhere). I hope you are able to get what you want! I have been to the Subaru in Port Wash, they are very nice but their prices are a bit higher than I would have liked. Glen Cove is nice as well as Donaldson out on the island. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you!

i placed an order for a 3.0 limited with a dealer on LI about a week ago. originally it was supposed to be black and that wasnt going to be a problem. monday i get a call that all i can get is quartz metallic...basically they are not ordering any more cars (someone indicated this in another post somewhere). I hope you are able to get what you want! I have been to the Subaru in Port Wash, they are very nice but their prices are a bit higher than I would have liked. Glen Cove is nice as well as Donaldson out on the island. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you!

Thank you for the kind words. The more I think about it I may have to settle for any 09 GTs that are left over. If the dealer really wanted to make the sale they wouldve made sure the car was getting made. It just aggravates me that this is happening.

Sorry guy, I know I just need to vent. I went to Star Subaru dealer on Mar 8, 2009 looking into buying an 09 DGM GT. I did my research on carbuyingtips.com and went to two other dealers around my area. We finally settled on a deal for a New factory ordered car with Compass rear view mirror, extending armrest, front rock guard, and floor mats for 26,500 pre-tax. They took $100 deposit from me but I made them put down it was refundeable to protect myself.

Hi, my name is Gary and i work for Star Subaru.

First i put an order for your car March 10 and the order number is 12874.

Second about your deposit that you made as put that is refundable, what can i say:). If we want to keep ur money will make u put a $1000 dollar deposit not a $100. Think about it.

The following day the sales guy give me a call and says, "Hey, we found you the same car in CT, with a few more extras but its going to be more than the price we gave you."

Do u remember how much was the price difference? I think was a couple dollars. Still ur price was below dealer invoice.

I denied his offer and asked him to order the car for me and to give me a VIN whenever they get it. Fast forwards to April 1, 2009, I finally decide to give them a call because I haven't heard from them for 3 weeks. They knew exactly who I was the minute I called. I wanted an status on the vehicle. I got this lame statement from the salesguy, "We already factory ordered your GT, but its not here yet. But...we also found another GT upstate with some miles on it" I was so outraged at the point. The salesguy suddenly threw the phone to the sales manager. We spoke briefly and he said, "It's quite busy here this morning, but i'll give the factory a call today." *what a coincidence* "Why dont you give us a call back tomorrow for an update." I told him, "Yea, sure thing, but your salesguy told me it would only take 3-4 weeks for my car to get here." Manager instinctively responds, "Give it another 1-2 weeks, just give us a call back tomorrow."

I am willing to get the car from another dealer BUT you don't want extra miles ( the other dealer was 38 miles away) and you don't want to pay a couple dollars more for the extra options. The regular time for a factory order is 3-4 weeks but Subaru is changing to 2010 legacy and makes it really hard to get a Legacy GT.

This kinda crap just ruins my day. I had the day off today (company cutting back hours) and I wanted some good news. This would be my first new car purchase and its not turning out so well. What should I do guys? Sorry for the long ass post.

If you want good news then i can get you the car from the other dealer

or you can wait for your car when SDC gives us a vin number or i can give you your money back.

Thank you

Gary

Star Subaru

718-819-0100

Cars in Boston are Subaru of New England, not Subaru of America. SNE is the last independent distributor of Subaru vehicles in the USA. The Boch auto group owns and controls every new Subaru sold up here. You may have to settle on something in inventory or a dealer swap if you want to see one anytime soon.

Good luck.

All the SDC cars are stored in Boston. The New England dealers are getting cars from a port in Main.

Gary

Thank you for the kind words. The more I think about it I may have to settle for any 09 GTs that are left over. If the dealer really wanted to make the sale they wouldve made sure the car was getting made. It just aggravates me that this is happening.

Just relax, it has only been 3 weeks you said, give it time. How is the dealer going to rush the manufacturer? I ordered mine in late Oct 06, and got it about mid Dec. You only put down a $100 so its not like you are out a lot of money while you wait.

If you want good news then i can get you the car from the other dealer

or you can wait for your car when SDC gives us a vin number or i can give you your money back.

Thank you

Gary

Star Subaru

718-819-0100

Hey Gary, I think I met you the day I was there. I was mainly dealing with Doug and Albert that day. The whole car buying process is extremely stressful. I was really expecting more feedback from the dealer letting me know how everything was going. If the dealer asked me to put down 25% on the car that day I would've done so. I was a very serious buyer the moment I walked in. But they only asked for $100. Albert gave me a call the following day and let me know about another GT that was available in CT, but he never spoke to me about the price difference. I mainly want a brand new car that hasn't been sitting on the lot. Maybe we can work something out. I'll definitely give you a call tomorrow morning. Thank you for the replies.

^good luck with that. SoA probably isn't making too many new Legacies right now. Between current inventory and the new model being released in about 3 months you probably won't see a new build. Sitting on a lot doesn't matter as long as there are next to no miles on the odometer and the finish isn't messed up.

Hey good morning.

Listen a car sitting in a dealer lot or sitting up at the port is the same.

I spoke to the district manager yesterday and he is looking for your car. He found a silver one but is looking for gray.

Give me a call at the dealership.

718-819-0100

Thanks Gary.

Archived