LegacyGT.com

How did you mount your cobb AP

I think I'm going to play around with mounting mine inside the cabinet above the stereo. Just received mine last night. I'm pretty surprised and disappointed about the poor quality of the construction of the unit. Interchangeable trim doesn't seat flush and plastics feel really cheap. Hopefully performance of the unit changes my view.

^ exact same place I mounted mine. Stupid tape does not hold real well tho. Don't know if I should try and find better 2x tape or put a screw in it

That 3m molding adhesive is probably the best double sided tape out there..other that using the liquid adhesive..but you will NEVER get that stuff off where you put it.

I think I'm going to play around with mounting mine inside the cabinet above the stereo. Just received mine last night. I'm pretty surprised and disappointed about the poor quality of the construction of the unit. Interchangeable trim doesn't seat flush and plastics feel really cheap. Hopefully performance of the unit changes my view.

You have probably already noticed this, but that cubby gets damn hot. Don't know if that would be an issue for the AP or not though.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

The V3 doesnt fit in the cabinet so I ended up getting a scosche universal GPS/Cellphone window mount from Walmart. Only thing that somewhat concerns me is that if the airbag deploys the AP will most likely end up lodging into my head, but I am willing to forgo that risk in the name of aesthetics. Ill post some pictures tomorrow.

The 3m adhesive sticker that comes with the cobb AP is absolutely worthless. I'd like to find a way to keep my window mount but use the bracket that was included with my tuner. Anyone ever resolve this issue?

Archived