LegacyGT.com

Has anyone done TGV delete or replacement?

• 8 months later...

I am in the middle of a tgv delete install and it is a real PITA but you will need two sets of gaskets, Intake manifold to tgv gasket and tumbler to engine gasket (I went with the grimmspeed ones)

heres the link to where I got mine from...

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Subaru/05_09_Legacy_GT/Fuel_Components/Tumbler_Intake_Manifold_Gaskets_for_05_09_Subaru_Legacy_GT.html

If you find a write up let me know!

• 5 weeks later...

I've also done it. It is a PITA to do. Your best bet is to remove the entire intake manifold from the engine so you can work on it on a table. Then its a combination of this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-rough-idle-cold-start-cold-temps-lgt-07-09-155325.html

and this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/injector-install-replacement-pics-189140.html

Probably not. Just like it's near impossible to get to the BOV T without taking off the TMIC. With everything folded on top of each other on these motors it's more tear down to get to the area you need to work that the acctual work for the repair.

Make sure not to crush your injector housing o ring when reassembling the tgvs, other wise you'll have a bitchy leak. Ask me how I know.

^This is true when I got my tgv deletes done I started it up and man can you hear the leak! Especially when you turn off the car then you'll here it a lot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
I just completed my TGV delete and was looking at my replacement gasket from the TGV to IM and it is just a thin metal one that looks like it goes along with the stock red rubber one. Anyone else have the same gasket? I know its not common to double up gaskets but I don't think this new one would seal by itself and the original rubber one doesn't seem like it wants to come out. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I just completed my TGV delete and was looking at my replacement gasket from the TGV to IM and it is just a thin metal one that looks like it goes along with the stock red rubber one. Anyone else have the same gasket? I know its not common to double up gaskets but I don't think this new one would seal by itself and the original rubber one doesn't seem like it wants to come out. Any opinions would be appreciated.

You don't want that metal one. Get [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0087HMH3Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new]THESE[/ame] instead. Get two, top and bottom. They feel flimsy, but they seal really well.

If you've got the scrilla, also consider the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054RGIX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]GS Phenolic Spacers[/ame].

I run these, and have no leaks!

• 10 months later...

I hate to bump an old thread but this seems closest to what I'm looking for. I'm getting ready to install tgv deletes and I have a question about the gaskets people use.

According to the parts database, the tgv to heads gasket has the part number 16272AA001 which is the metal/rubber gasket but is anywhere from $30-40 each online.

I see many people use the paper gaskets with part number 14035AA421 that are only $5-10 each online.

Which is the correct gasket to use?

I may as well buy some phenolic spacers and two sets of paper gaskets rather than two of the spendy gaskets.

The metal/rubber ones come with the master gasket kit, I didn't even know about the paper kind. Someone else might know a bit about them, but thats not a place you want a leak.

Grimmspeed makes gaskets as well. You can find them for around $10, they're some type of fiber material.

Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely don't want a leak.

Anyone with experience with phenolic spacers and then paper/fiber gaskets?

Anyone with experience with just paper/fiber gaskets?

Thanks.

I'm doing the 8mm spacers on my build. Installed a set on my friends wrx recently. Oem upper gaskets were used to mate the intake mani (orange gasket Subaru part No. 14035aa492). No issues with the 8mm spacer so far and they were a high quality piece. Still $70 for some big gaskets.

I'm doing the 8mm spacers on my build. Installed a set on my friends wrx recently. Oem upper gaskets were used to mate the intake mani (orange gasket Subaru part No. 14035aa492). No issues with the 8mm spacer so far and they were a high quality piece. Still $70 for some big gaskets.

So were any gaskets (besides orange gasket) with the spacer? Thanks.

That would work on the TGV/block side. I would pick up new O-rings for the intake manifold. IRRC there was even a TSB about them being crappy.

Yeah, those are on order along with a new throttle body gasket. I was hoping to do the tgvs without removing the manifold but it doesn't seem like it is possible.

Not a chance of that.

If you don't already own a 10mm flexhead gearwrench, go buy one now. There is a bolt holding the fuel lines to the IM that requires it.

It's a good time to replace the turbo inlet as well. And replace/zip tie vacuum lines.

Not a chance of that.

If you don't already own a 10mm flexhead gearwrench, go buy one now. There is a bolt holding the fuel lines to the IM that requires it.

It's a good time to replace the turbo inlet as well. And replace/zip tie vacuum lines.

Thanks for the tips. I've got both already. [emoji2]

Archived