LegacyGT.com

"Studdering" Fix Released

Opie

SOA has issued a fix for the studdering some of you are experiencing, it requires the dealer to remove your ECU and ship it the SOA-NJ for reprogramming. This is covered under the factory warranty and your dealership will need to call the SOA Tech line for authorization before sending your ECU in.

Here is the e-mail I got this morning:

We now have reprogramming available for 2005 Legacy Turbo to reduce the surging feeling during moderate acceleration and for code P2097.

You've been informed.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I need to go without my car while they do this? I don't care either way. I'm ready to go to my dealership and have them give me a loaner for a couple weeks if they have to. That studder thing is damn annoying. It went away when I pulled the fuse to my ECU, but then it came back a week or two later. I want a permenant fix.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmm, it seems a bit odd that the ECU would have to be shipped to NJ for reprogramming. What's the point of a flash memory if you have to take the chip out anyway?

However, I will be first in line for this fix. :) I've learned to live with the shake-shake-shake, but it is darn embarrassing trying to explain why my $30k car is so jittery.

YEAH!!! Now, I can get this stupid thing fixed....I have been 'dealing' with it, but it's SOOO freaking irritating. Let's hope that the 'fix' does something for us...otherwise, it will be useless, and cause some downtime for no reason.

i.

It is actually better for the dealer todo so.

Instead of every LGT owner coming in, leaving their car(takes up parking space) and take a loaner(another expense).

Allocate 2-5 ECUs to each dealer and then each dealer would have a rolling schedule since they can only have as many ECUs out to be fixed as they have loaners. Since the ECUs are a one time expense and can be used later for any ECU related repairs, it would cost much less and not impact the customer's experience since they don't have to leave their baby gutless for who knows how long.

I keed I keeed

Sticky.

Wee, Thanks, SoA, now fix the damn brake pads. :D

Thanks again.:)

Opie, got a reference number for the bulletin/announcement ?

No, it wasn't released as a TSB, we just got the e-mail this morning and it didn't say anything further.

Turnaround time is 3 days total, a rental/loaner car should be provided by your dealer in the meantime.

Don't the ECUs store important stuff like milage? Maybe they don't, but I'm just wondering what the effects would be if you did swap ECUs in your car. Would your car need to learn the other one? Why even swap it in the first place? Send every dealership in the country 5 ECUs and then have a rolling order for more as cars come in. Car comes in - Dealership takes the ECU and replaces it with a fixed one - Dealership sends old ECU to SOA - SOA sends dealership another fixed ECU. Why go through the process of fixing my ECU if the car will work fine with a loaner?

Edit: Never mind. With Opie's explanation of the loaner I guess they won't be swapping the ECU. I'd gladly take a loaner STi for the weekend. :cool::lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey Opie... How do we reference this to the dealership when we make our appointments? Do we just say that we need to come in and get the studder fixed? Will they know what I'm talking about?

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey Opie... How do we reference this to the dealership when we make our appointments? Do we just say that we need to come in and get the studder fixed? Will they know what I'm talking about?

You'll need to make a complaint for the studdering concern, have them call the SOA Tech Line and the tech line will instruct them to send the ECU in for reprogramming.

The reason they don't have loaner ECU's is cost and availibility of the Legacy ECU's. Hopefully they will soon release the reflash to the local dealers that can be done onsite in one day.

so what is the nature of the problem? timing being pulled? open -> closed loop transfer? any clues?

No idea, they haven't really said much about it other than a reflash is now availible.