LegacyGT.com

Question about how to best lift my Legacy for the winter.

WNCleggy

I drive a 2005 Legacy and am looking to lift it before the winter hits here in North Carolina. I recently upgraded my exhaust and the pipes hang an inch or two lower than the stock exhaust pipes. I also installed extended mud flaps which scrape a good bit when I take a corner too hard. I need a little bit of advice as to what I should get for her so I don't royally screw my exhaust system up this winter. Also maybe need some advice with what size tires I should throw on there to make her look outdoorsy. Thanks

I have heard that Tein coilovers will adjust height to slightly higher ride height than stock, but I cannot confirm that as I am looking into buying Tein's myself right now.

Also you could buy or make "saggy butt spacers" for the back and also make or source out something similar for the front. A lot of guys just go buy polypropylene cutting boards from bed bath and beyond and use a jigsaw to cut them and make their own spacers. You could probably safely do 3/4"-1" height gain.

I've been debating a 2" lift because the terrain I drive daily is incredibly rough and when the snow begins to fall it's gonna get much worse. I plan to purchase some coilovers or a nice airbag kit for the summer though.

im planning on doing the same thing with mine. i've read that using outback or forester springs and struts will both lift your vehicle. obviously you can just look at an outback to see what that lift would look like. i haven't seen what a legacy with forester suspension would look like though.

Besides wanting to lift for off road or looks, there is no reason you need to lift a subaru to get around in the winter. I drove my legacy in snow well past the sills without any issues. You just need good tires.

Besides wanting to lift for off road or looks, there is no reason you need to lift a subaru to get around in the winter. I drove my legacy in snow well past the sills without any issues. You just need good tires.

personally, im just not trying to destroy the underside of my car. i dont know about you, but the places i go have potholes the size of most children

Yeah I know my legacy can get me through the winter without a problem, I'm just concerned about the underside, and also I installed an exhaust kit a while back and the pipes hang a couple inches lower than the stock ones. I also installed some Rokblokz mud flaps and with my style of driving, they scrape like crazy in corners. Western North Carolina winters can get pretty nasty, and that lift and some good beefy tires would get me through it all.

Archived