LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO 2 Installed!

i just installed the Greddy EVO 2 catback exhaust on my 2.5i

there was some fittament issue, the midpipe did not reach the cat, and the flanges dident line up. i just bought a 3'' pipe from autozone and welded flanges on it. other than that everything mounts up.

i also have the borla header and the one of the 2 cats is gutted.

despite what many have said about 3''GT catbacks on NA's, this is not the least bit raspy, or high pitched, yet a very deep and basey tone. yes, its non-resonated, so it is rather loud, but sounds good. sounds almost identical to my friends 06 WRX with an HKS Hi-Power turboback.

i do belive the borla UL header is needed to get the best sound.

and the torque issue; i have experiened no noticeable low end torque loss due to the large piping. even if there was this makes up for it in the higher RPMS

5000RPM - 6000RPM the car pulls very noticeably harder than before.

i think it was very worth it.

this weekend i will load this thread up with pics and sound/video clips.

Lets see it quick before the haters come to this thread and diss on the NA engine again like most of them do

Deep down inside they really wish they had 22 mpg +

Not going to diss the N/A motor because I own both a 2.5 turbo and 2.5 N/A. However, I get just about the same mileage out of my turbo 2.5 as my N/A 2.5 when I drive my LGT as slow as my 2.5i OB :lol:.

BTW, a 3" catback on a modestly powered N/A 2.5 is a bad idea. The OP might not think he lost any low end power, but put it on a dyno and I can almost guarantee that the results are sub-optimal.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/forwallblakmail/DSC00601.jpg

only pic of the exhaust i could get this weekend, ill try to get a soundclip up soon. just been real busy latley.

and the power issue, im aware that 3'' is a bit much on an NA, however, i do feel that it pulls slightly harder after about 5000RPM. However, i plan on trading the car in on a GT next summer, were i will re-install the catback then. since i would have bought this for the GT anyways, i thought id see how it sounds and performs on the NA.

Archived