LegacyGT.com

Exhaust options for 3.0R

Hey guys, looking for any input on a cat back or axle back exhaust for my 09 3.0R. From what I can tell the pipes appear to be the same diameter as the GT so I am hoping anything for the GT will bolt in.

Any sound clips or mfg recommendations for the sixer? Need something mild not wild. Nice smooth sound!

Thanks

Dan

My first mod on my 3.0R were STi quad tip mufflers. It definitely changed the exhaust note of the car and gives it a nice exhaust burble on startup. It's not loud or anything, but definitely subtle. Though, lately, I've started to notice the exhaust note on idle is quite deeper than I initially thought it was - something which I definitely don't mind.

I'll see if I can get you a sound clip before I go to class tomorrow morning.

I have Perrin cans on mine and love the sound. It's not loud but has a great tone too it. I also have realized that after a few weeks with the new cans on that is starting to sound deeper which is nice.

Thanks for the info guys. Are these cat back/axle back and were they bolt in? Any sound clips?

Can you confirm if the 3R exhaust is ID to the LGT from the cat back?

Have a good one.

Dan

You can get a exhaust made locally for a good price, you would be surprised - shop around.

I had a mid pipe fabricated out of aluminized steel and just painted it so it would last. Sure, its not true SS, but it will hold up for quite a while.

I would buy the mufflers and tips myself, then just hand it over. You have to trust the people to do a good job.

You can get a exhaust made locally for a good price, you would be surprised - shop around.

I had a mid pipe fabricated out of aluminized steel and just painted it so it would last. Sure, its not true SS, but it will hold up for quite a while.

I would buy the mufflers and tips myself, then just hand it over. You have to trust the people to do a good job.

321 Aluminized is good stuff it will outlast Mild and 304:eek:

Thanks for the info guys. Are these cat back/axle back and were they bolt in? Any sound clips?

Can you confirm if the 3R exhaust is ID to the LGT from the cat back?

Have a good one.

Dan

They are just mufflers. Took me 25-30 mins to install. Here is a link to Fred Beans where you can get them. PM me if you got any more questions. I prob could get sound clips if needed. http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-942/Perrin-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

Hey there guys I'm in the same boat that Dan is in, i am looking for am exhaust or maybe can that will just bolt on, as far i know/or can find the LGT are the same as the 3.0R, but i would like a confirmation on that. I found a Borla Exhaust that i think would sound and look good, but i am not sure if it will fit.

This place is up the road from me: http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/products.php?cat=691

My first mod on my 3.0R were STi quad tip mufflers. It definitely changed the exhaust note of the car and gives it a nice exhaust burble on startup. It's not loud or anything, but definitely subtle. Though, lately, I've started to notice the exhaust note on idle is quite deeper than I initially thought it was - something which I definitely don't mind.

I'll see if I can get you a sound clip before I go to class tomorrow morning.

would love to get a good sound clip and to know where you got them from.

I have been trying to get a sound clip but its been raining here for days and my blackberry takes terrible video. Once weather gets nice and I find my video camera I will get some video and sound.

As for a full exhaust for the 3.0, I think it's not worth it b/c you will not get that much out of it other than a better sound. I would just replace mufflers. I almost bought the Invidia quad tip set up from Fre Beans but found Perrin cans and they were 1/3 of the price. I could not be happier.

I have been trying to get a sound clip but its been raining here for days and my blackberry takes terrible video. Once weather gets nice and I find my video camera I will get some video and sound.

As for a full exhaust for the 3.0, I think it's not worth it b/c you will not get that much out of it other than a better sound. I would just replace mufflers. I almost bought the Invidia quad tip set up from Fre Beans but found Perrin cans and they were 1/3 of the price. I could not be happier.

I would agree with you on that, but i have decided that i am really not going to get much more performance out of my 3.0R but i would like to find a nice exhaust that sounds good.

Woot for blackberry's i love my blackberry, what blackberry do you have?

Cans are def the way to go b/c of price and what you get out of them. I will let you know when I get a good video with sound.

Hey man, would love to get a video of how they sound, i went to a couple shops today, and some people told me to put flow masters on, and another said the perrin, just trying to figure out what is the best sound for my car.

i wanted my car to sound like this if i can.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifxJm_A032Y&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Borla Exhaust Sound Clip[/ame]

Does your car sound like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmI3wzk4Ko&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Perrin Legacy GT Exhaust[/ame]

I also like this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwYmaX3HRU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Legacy GT Cobb Turbo-back exhaust[/ame]

I dont know if i like this one too well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95D4vHUgDk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- LegacyGT Magnaflow Cat-back Standstill Rev[/ame]

I'd say the Perrin clip is very much like how my car sounds, however, you have to remember it sounds a bit lower b/c it's a auto and also its non turbo so I don't get that much rumble. But still, very similar in sound.

the 3.0R will never rumble unless you build UEL header for it which nobody does however it will have a sick track car sound jsut check out TOMCAT on his ROtrex power for 3.0 R thread very SEX indeed

the 3.0R will never rumble unless you build UEL header for it which nobody does however it will have a sick track car sound jsut check out TOMCAT on his ROtrex power for 3.0 R thread very SEX indeed

That was my point that my 3.0 will never sound like a GT. However, my Perrin cans do give a good amount of rumble for n/a.

Archived