LegacyGT.com

Strut tower bar cross matches?

The nuts that hold the brace to the tower are the same nuts that hold the strut in the tower, correct?

If so then that would mean strut tower bar mounting hole spacing is specific to the studs coming out of the top of the strut, otherwise any bar would fit any car in the respect of mounting. With that being said, my same question is still unanswered.

My wrx coil overs bolted in but the camber adjustment plate bolts are cockeyed so i just don't use them.

So, will strut bar made for a wrx fit in my legacy that has wrx coilovers?.......

The nuts that hold the brace to the tower are the same nuts that hold the strut in the tower, correct?

If so then that would mean strut tower bar mounting hole spacing is specific to the studs coming out of the top of the strut, otherwise any bar would fit any car in the respect of mounting. With that being said, my same question is still unanswered.

My wrx coil overs bolted in but the camber adjustment plate bolts are cockeyed so i just don't use them.

So, will strut bar made for a wrx fit in my legacy that has wrx coilovers?.......

Yes they are the same nuts and there are 3 studs spaced out evenly around the top of the strut mounting plate. So the fact that the Imprezas and Legacies share a lot of parts such that you can put WRX struts in our Legacies that would mean the studs should be in the same place. Subaru doesn't just randomly pick where to put the studs, they are all spaced out evenly around the same diameter center hole, so with that considered, you shouldn't have any problems using WRX strut brace.

Yeah, I've been eyeballin some of those too. I have factory ones but I know I need better.

Even if the bolts holes don't line up I could re-drill them to fit. I'm guessing no one on here has done this before though. Wonder how the rear will work.....

As for the roll bars, I just don't have that amount of cash to spend right now. I can totally swing 80 bucks for a set of strut braces though.

The rear strut brace will fit in the wagon, however you will need to lose or cut your plastic covers for the top of the struts. I opted to cut mine, used a dremel to minimize the amount removed and made a more exact fit. I also painted the base, which was red. Stood out too loud on a brown interior.

Awesome new Zerohour! If it fit I was planning on using a dremel to do the same thing. Where did you get your brace from? I'm just looking at the simple ebay packages... I know they aren't the best but it's what I can afford with three kids haha. We all make sacrifices right?

i have wrx coilovers in my legacy wagon, they are interchangeable. the only issue that may come up is whether the strut bar is too tall to fit under the hood. most are not tho.

And TWISTY speaks!! Considering all the knowledge that you have passed down to me I believe you without a doubt. I was actually waiting for you, zues, or johnegg, to pipe up on this one lol.

Totally excited now! Thanks brother

I dug back through PayPal...and this is wha t I ordered:

40MM ALUMINUM REAR UPPER STRUT BAR/BRACE 02-07 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX/STi/RS GD/GG$28.98

Item #400784918182

This was bought from speed_daddy on eBay. I've had it on the rear of the wagon since November 2014, and for about 12,000 miles. Hasn't moved since I installed it.

Sweet. I checked them out and they look pretty decent. They have a front and rear package too for like 60 bucks which is an awesome price, just wish they came in different colors. Oh well, I will just powder coat it myself loo.

Anyway I could get some pics of your braces?

Archived