LegacyGT.com

Squeaking drivers seat?

KTM 525

My seat developed a squeak as of late. When I accelerate or lean back on the seat it squeaks. I tried to remove the plastic panel on the rear of the seats with no luck. Has anyone had this off? Sounds like the squeak is coming from inside the mid back portion of the seat.

I get a squeak, too, but strangely enough, it only happens at a certain incline angle and, on top of that, at a certain distance of track traveled!

I have no idea WTF is going on, and yes, my lumbar support is fully functional, and no, I do not have problems with it - furthermore, I also tried adjusting it when the squeak took place.

Go figure......

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

welcome to the squeak club. I've had the seat base frame replaced, which helped, but the back is still squeaking. I am taking it back in soon. SOA still refuses to authorize a replacement of the entire seat, but they did open a case on my behalf after I reamed the dealership on the survey they sent. I was surprised to get a call from the service department. It seemed that SOA wanted to know why the problem hadn't been fixed.

Everybody with squeaky seats should go complain. Maybe they will issue a bulletin about it then. I'm content to let them continue wasting money replacing parts of the seat, when they will eventually will have to replace the whole thing. It's their money to waste.

• 3 months later...
i know this is somewhat irrelevant... but with mercedes benz, if a customer complains about a squeaky seatback.. the common fix is to completely disassemble the seat and put felt tape to all metal-to-metal contact..

• 5 weeks later...
Last Tuesday took the car to the dealer for "squeaky driver seat". They took the seat out, lubricated something and put the seat back and tightened bolts. Worked until Saturday when I did the Advanced Autoslalom driving course. Squeak came back! Will be calling dealer again tomorrow to see what else they can do! Sounds like mice in the car!

Add me to the sqeaky drivers seat list. Mine started doing it about 2 months ago during hard cornering. It sounds like it's coming from the base of the seat, not the back.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Yes, squeak comes in hard cornering and sometimes just moving around in the seat to position yourself. Called dealer today again, they want me to leave the car for the day to figure it out.

• 7 years later...

Greasing at the spot indicated below has solved my creak for the time being. This squeak/creak was created by vertical pressure on the left front part of the driver's seat. Depressing the clutch created this situation perfectly because my hamstring moves down creating vertical pressure.

unhooked the leather and was able to pry the seat cushion back to see inside. After a lot of prodding and pressing and feeling, I isolated it to this spot. There is a piece of carpet between a metal on metal interface and it looks to have rubbed through.

Spraying with silicone stopped the creak. I tried to get some grease in there but am unsure if it got where it was needed. I'll see how long this lasts. But at least I know where it is.http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5471/9060608283_f7dc9b89f0_b.jpg

Archived