LegacyGT.com

Opening windows from key fob, how do you do it?

you buy a passat instead.....
nooooooooo!!!!!!!! don't do that! I just traded my Passat in for a Legacy GT LTD and MAN am I happy I did!

besides, I never was able to open the windows with the keyfob unless of course you mean with the key in door and turning the lock and holding it.

sure it came in handy when I'd forgotten to close the sunroof, etc. but I have absolutely no regrets. I love my LGT!!! :D

My altima a 2002 2.5s...if u held the OPEN LOCK on the key fob...it would in about 10 seconds....open the front windows, and open up the sunroof. My dad's jaguar opens all the windows and the sunroof.

I had the 02 Altima 2.5 SL and that was a cool feature to have, I also miss the auto up/down for both front windows. The legacy just has the auto down on driver's side. Convenience features are nice, but overall I am happier w/ the Legacy. I think it handles better and the fit and finish is much nicer. The Altima was huge on the inside though, unfortunately in the 02's the interior was cheap as hell (way to much plastic).

It will be interesting to see how the 05 Altima SE-R does against the LGT. I hear that SE-R Altima is fast!

Hey....how do u open up the windows, and the sunroof, from the key fob?

step 1) Hold keyless transmitter in hand

step 2) Have someone else with spare key/transmitter sit in car

step 3) Have friend turn key to "ON" in car

step 4) Point keyless transmitter at car and press panic button

step 5) When friend in car hears horn blowing, he zips down all 4 windows and slides open sunroof (if you have the limited version)

That's about the only way it's gonna happen.

Guest *Jedimaster*
yeah, but we can lock and unlock the car without even TOUCHING the keyfob. :lol:

:werd:

I had the 02 Altima 2.5 SL and that was a cool feature to have, I also miss the auto up/down for both front windows. The legacy just has the auto down on driver's side. Convenience features are nice, but overall I am happier w/ the Legacy. I think it handles better and the fit and finish is much nicer. The Altima was huge on the inside though, unfortunately in the 02's the interior was cheap as hell (way to much plastic).

It will be interesting to see how the 05 Altima SE-R does against the LGT. I hear that SE-R Altima is fast!

I had an 02 2.5 as well and still read up on the nissanclub.net forums. Most will agree that the Altima SE-R was upgraded more in the handling and looks department than anything else. Most SE-R owners are seeing about the same ETA and trap speeds as the SE's. In the quarter mile you should be ahead of the Altima, but at highway speeds the altima will reel you in. If your LGT is an automatic, then I think the Altima will have the advantage both in the quarter and on the highway.

On a side note, the auto window down feature on the altima was nice. The 2.5 Altima is faster than the LGT in one department - windows. The windows went up or down alot faster than the LGT.:lol:

True, the Passat has the ability to lower the windows from the key fob, that is assuming that persistent electrical problems don't prevent it from happening. My wife loved the Passat, but the thing stalled in an intersection 1/4 mile from the dealership during a test drive. They had to come pick us up in another car. Glad the sale dude was with us at the time! I know two other people who have had problems with the electrical systems on these things. Great design, poor execution- I gave it a pass and bought the Subie. Love it- warts and all.

How much would you actually use such a feature?

Instead of standing there putting the key in the door to open the windows, just get in and do it manually (which would be just as quick if you as mee). A friend of mine has a Jetta with that feature and the only time he used it was when he first got the car (wow factor).

The ability to close the sunroof with the key after getting out is a nice feature though.

--Mike

I installed window and sunroof control modules on a previous car - they were operated with extensions on the Alpine alarm. I found it very useful....especially in the summer. It was nice to vent the windows and let the hot air out prior to getting in the car. Also.....I could leave the windows vented and could close them if it started to rain without having run out and get wet. Necessary feature? No. Useful? Heck yeah. :cool:

I can just imagine what will happen with my ultra-sensitive keyfob (I know, I know, there is a fix but bear with me) - not only would I inardvartently open the doors with the keyfob (as I've done on several occasions) now I would be drawing attention to my car by lowering the windows as well.

<stuff deleted>

If you live someplace that has real summer (that is sunny, humid, hell-hot summer) you'd use it a lot. I had it on my '97 Jetta and my '01 GTI and I used it a great deal in the heat. I work for a company in San Antonio with a couple of acres of flat, paved parking, almost no trees... when it's been over 100F for a few hours before I get off work, it makes a big difference to let out that initial gust of very hot air before getting in. I used the roll-down way more than the roll-up/sunroof close because I usually close the car up before I turn off the engine.

DKB

Archived