LegacyGT.com

Outback at Cars101

ehsnils

....wait the touch lock/unlock was removed? When? Or did i misread/misunderstand that LOL

on the push button start vehicles, you can keep the key fob in your pocket and just touch the door handles to lock/unlock the car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always hated those. Kills the battery in the fob so fast that after a month or so you have to use the key anyway or replace the battery.

Horseshit :spin:.... At least based on the current iteration of the system...

I have the Subaru proximity sensor keyless fob entry / immobilizer system on my 2013 JDM DIT BRG - took delivery of the car November last year and still haven't changed the battery and that is only using one fob - the other still sits on a hook in the foyer...

Car is driven everyday - I have only ever used the fob / door handle proximity sensor for locking or unlocking the doors and that includes the rear tailgate wireless proximity / lock entry system - never experienced any malfunction...

So I can attest - experientially - that the keyless / proximity sensor door entry and start system DO NOT have a detrimental effect on the fobs battery life...

Whoa there relax :lol: it was purely based upon what I've seen from my girlfriends Suzuki fob. But hers also acts as a keyless starter when it's in the car.

Thanks for the useless novel though... Didn't think you were like that higuma, you usually just have nice facts to share.

This forum is turning into crap these days with posts like that...

The outbacks are getting uglier every time I see them. Atleast they are starting to get with technology these days.

remember like in real life - it's either good looks or good moves :lol: When you find someone/something with both, it's an exception - grab it and run away (4th gen was the one :) )

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Maybe it's just the camera angle and/or shadows, but the wheel gap here is awful. This is what happens when you take a sedan platform, fit it to a wagon and raise it a few inches.

The Outback needs to be spun off into it's own model line where they can design a car with the same ground clearance (which doesn't mean much given the approach/departure angles of this thing) but better looks.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback14-side5.jpg

^ Looks like they have increased the ride height on that one.

Mine below, except for photochopped rims:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Subaru/rim-2.JPG

ROW OBs ride height is lower than USDM OB. Check any ROW Subaru website and you'll see. Your OB is EDM so yes it has smaller wheel gaps than USDM OB.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Whoa there relax :lol: it was purely based upon what I've seen from my girlfriends Suzuki fob. But hers also acts as a keyless starter when it's in the car.

Thanks for the useless novel though... Didn't think you were like that higuma, you usually just have nice facts to share.

This forum is turning into crap these days with posts like that...

No worries - I'm as calm as can be...

I am always happy to help and will continue to contribute when I think I have something useful to say...

Sorry if me crying horse-shit on your bullshit seemed out of line or "out of character" to you - perhaps I should have candy-coated it for you :icon_cry:

So that the point is not lost - the current iteration of the proximity keyless entry / start system key fob works quite well and is NOT at all battery hungry... ( based on my own 9 months of experience with the system as outlined in my post above )

Coming from a Nissan Skyline last year with a similar system I expected the Subaru system to not be up to snuff but I was / am surprised that it is actually performs better than my Nissan's did...

Cheers,

The Mrs and I bought a 2014 Outback from Joe(owner of cars101.com). Really nice sales rep...really, he was. Test drove the Forester and Outback with the CVT...we picked the Outback. Drove it home and it was promptly backed into and scraped up the rear bumper, light assembly and rear qtr panel. Ugh...other guy insurance paid for it and we got it back last Friday.

Anyways, Joe from cars101 was a no pressure sales type. We asked him about pricing via Costco or work discounts...he said those were higher then what he would offer us...and he was right. He offered us a price below invoice.

I still have the 5 speed manual 05 GT wagon but the cvt in the outback is sure nice to drive in stop & go commuter traffic.

Cheers,

Mike

The Mrs and I bought a 2014 Outback from Joe(owner of cars101.com). Really nice sales rep...really, he was. Test drove the Forester and Outback with the CVT...we picked the Outback. Drove it home and it was promptly backed into and scraped up the rear bumper, light assembly and rear qtr panel. Ugh...other guy insurance paid for it and we got it back last Friday.

Anyways, Joe from cars101 was a no pressure sales type. We asked him about pricing via Costco or work discounts...he said those were higher then what he would offer us...and he was right. He offered us a price below invoice.

I still have the 5 speed manual 05 GT wagon but the cvt in the outback is sure nice to drive in stop & go commuter traffic.

Cheers,

Mike

Should have bought/used the backup camera. ;<

Should ask the insurance company to offer him a deal on a camera system, in the long run it will be cheaper for all involved.

If he can't turn his head because of the crash, that's the only temporary option he has available now besides having someone drive him around. =P

Yup...the guy could not turn his neck prior to backing into our Outback. It was a minor, $3,000, scratch. Rear driver side qtr panel, bumper and rear light assembly. A lot of the cost was labor due to removing the headliner to replace qtr panel which extends to the roof line and finishes on the A pillar. We've got all the receipts and photos (both ours and repair shop) safely stored in our safe in case any further issues come up.

Back to the Outback...we like the car. And Joe was a good sales rep and helped us in getting the repairs done as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Archived