LegacyGT.com

To: Everyone talking up Extra S Gear Oil

Boostin1657615274

Well long story short, I had some money sitting around in my paypal account. I could have blown it on something utterly useless (like a radiator shroud or shiny battery tie), but I chose to instead to try out something useful out of my own curiousity - 5 Quarts of Extra-S.

So, to all the Extra-S nutswingers-

.....you were right. I had Supertech in there, which wasnt bad, a slight improvement over stock. Just switched over to Extra S - and it really is as good as everyone says it is. Transmission noise on the highway decreased significantly, shifts are smooth as silk. Just wish Fred Beans had figured out the shipping on the bottles before I did my clutch job, I was forced to do Supertech because it was my best option at the time. The new bottles are great though, and easy to pour. Thanks to Fred Beans for figuring out how to successfully ship this stuff out.

Buy this gear oil. It should be your second mod to your car after removing the banjo bolt filter.

On the search for a new DD...

This stuff is amazing. I had a 3-4th gear clash at WOT. I spent 150.0 bucks on different gear oils before ordering extra-s. Within 500 miles my gearbox was smoother that it has ever been, another 500 miles and the clash is gone. Truly amazing stuff.

I just did a clutch job and went with the Supertech because it was all that was available in enough quarts of the same 75w90. I think I had extra s in there previously (asked dealer to swap with extra-s at 15k miles).

I have noticed a couple light grinds into gear that I didn't have before. It's also definitely louder in general, though it's hard to say if this is the oil or the new ACT clutch/lwfw. I'm assuming it was more the new lwfw than the oil causing new/louder noise. I'm going to get extra s put back in and see if there is any noticeable improvement.

I bought some after I changed mine at 37K (went in on a group buy of a 5 gallon jug with some local Suby guys). I was going to wait until my clutch needed replacement; well now that it's slipping and a new clutch is on it's way, I'll be putting it in finally. I can't wait!

Archived