LegacyGT.com

Sway bars

Burba88

I'm looking to get some sway bars and end links I'm going to go with kartboy . What are all you guys running brand an mm ? I Defiently want to get it pretty stiff auto x every now and again. I know whitelines are solid and they offer a 24 mm front I believe but only a 20mm rear . Just looking for some suggestions . I would like to be able to kick out the ass end if I feel like doing some fast and furious drifting lol:) thanks everyone.
KMT Tuned

You need a pretty stiff rear bar to make this car oversteer easily. The springs and struts are a major factor as well.

If you autoX you really should go with a pretty large front bar, then use alignment specs to induce oversteer. Bars are more limited now than they were several years ago in terms of who still makes them.

For what you're asking for personally, I'd go ahead and get the 24F/20R WL bars, then run about -3.0-3.5 camber up front, -1.5 in the rear. Obviously tone down the camber when you're not competing.

Obviously you're going to need more parts than that to even get -3+ in the front, which is why I said shocks/struts/CO's are an important factor.

Otherwise if you want to keep it simple, it's going to be kinda tough IMO to keep a really tight, locked-in front end you'd want for autoX, while maintaining controllable oversteer.

Running R20mm/F22mm Whitelines with Kartboy front and rear links. If you do get WL bars and kartboy links, don't forget the spacers for the fronts like I did. :lol: Also get the AVO braces for your rear swaybar.

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

Thanks everyone , and what spacers ? And thanks for the detailed info scooby. What donyou guys think about running a perrin rear 25mm bar with a whiteline 24mm front and have both of them on stiffest setting ? I know perrin doesn't make it but I can still find them online. I have heard perrin isn't the best for fitment but it's one way to really stiffen up the rear
KMT Tuned

http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16185&cat=0&bestseller=Y

WL front sway is a bit short on length when using Kartboy. These fill the gap.

You can reference these threads for pics without the spacers. Holy cock-eyed Batman!!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/kartboy-front-end-links-209280.html

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

I run Perrin 25mm FSB & RSB with KB endlinks. My rear is on the soft setting, IIRC, and it's pretty much neutral with only a slight bias to the rear if I'm steady on the throttle, so it's about where I can modulate my yaw with gas.
Tits mcgee

No. Slight contact with the Magnaflow CBE that only started recently, 4-5 months after install. I could probably fix it the right way with extended hangers, but instead I'm just insulating the RSB with some rad hose.
Tits mcgee

The perrin bars are solid, not hollow. At least mine are.

I like the perrin ones, I think they're great. Honestly though, I've never been a fan of going TOO stiff on sways without substantially increasing the stiffness of my springs. I suggested a bigger bar up front for autoX specifically, but running a ~25mm f/r starts approaching that "overly-stiff in turns, wallowy on straight undulations" type handling I do not like.

Right now I'm running 22F/22R perrin bars, with 500lb springs all around on rce's. I can oversteer whenever I want, but never unexpectedly, with the 22fsb and 500lb rates I feel like the front end is tight enough for autoX. I never do autoX, however, I set the car up for road course and canyons.

I know they don't make them anymore, but I have the Cobbs f/r. I am 100% stock beyond that. There is NO understeer (I'm sure given enough room @ WOT I could make it happen) and the oversteer is there when I want it, but very controllable. It took some getting used to. The point that you think it would start understeering is where it starts oversteering. Very different from my wrx that would just push the front tires screaming in refusal to make the car go the direction they were pointed.

Archived