LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

When it was binding it wasn't making that noise, but I will do that again and test for the bind in first gear tomorrow.

Thanks for that, I have not driven a automatic trans car since high school, never wanted too after I learned how to drive manual so not to keen on how they work and didn't know what torque bind was until I bought a Subaru. All the help is appreciated felons.

Edited by pleaidestar

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I decided to drive to the nearest open lot and do the tight circles in steering lock, car seemed to track well and I could hear the rear tires gripping. I'm not certain I had torque bind to begin with a few months ago because when I did the drain and fills with the lubeguard the differences I felt in the car was less shaking at a stop light and shifting was a bit harder, maybe my understanding of torque bind is a little off. What is supposed to be going on during torque bind when your doing the circles?

I did do a few figure 8's at about 35mph and heard that scraping noise and kind of a faint whine when entering the turns...that sounds differential related bit obviously don't know much about them. Bummer.

If you are getting torque bind, the car will push/scrub the tires instead of smoothly turning and you'll get obvious noise from the center differential (localized under your e-brake handle). Running stock tires/wheels? No potential for the inner wheel to rub on anything?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

No rubbing as far as I can tell, I looked at all my splash shields and just did my brake pads and rotors, I'm running 16inch wrx wheels with 205/55/zr16 plenty of clearance under there...I agree its differential related I just felt another symptom that is related to it, when I pulled up to a store this morning to grab a coffee I made a complete stop and the car seemed like it wanted to creep forward and it felt like something released and made a clunk noise and the car settled. Felt that before but didn't pay no mind to it.

.I hope I'm explaining correctly,