LegacyGT.com

What is your gas mileage?

Upon a friends suggestion I switched to Premium Gas a couple of tanks ago and I measured my gas mileage;

I did 228 miles with 8.9 gls of which 170 mi were highway cruising at an average of 75mph and the rest in the city.

That gives 25.6 MPG which I think is is pretty decent.

Year 2000 and 179k on the clock...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting about 18~20 then I swapped the whole suspension and now I'm getting about 23 or 24 daily and 30 highway probably cause my driving style changed after the suspension upgrade lol but I got a lot more comming and expecting little more

i have tried premium, doesnt really make a difference imo.

Same story for me and tried it on a much longer distance with four tanks filled with premium gas. No change, it was a waste of money, but at least I know it for sure ;)

Its not about the octane you use, it is how you drive the car

Damn right

I was getting about 18~20 then I swapped the whole suspension and now I'm getting about 23 or 24 daily and 30 highway probably cause my driving style changed after the suspension upgrade lol but I got a lot more comming and expecting little more

Yes, if your car is lower, you can expect it. Less drag under the car, better aerodynamic.

^ Yeah there is a lot of factors that you gain but I was talking about sway bars and bushings the works not just springs anyways. on the octane I think the only time you ever switch is when you do a frankenmotor for the high conpression build other then that, its all about trying to make the engine happy and knock free, to less will cause knock and to much will cause it, its just trying to find that midium but its hard to do unlees you have maps or some sort of knock telling device.

Its kinda explained here a little migt apply a little to us cause its more 2005+ but its still almost a 2.5 motor

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/octanei-191569p2.html

Edited by BeKnwn

I have been keeping track of every tank i fill up, i am getting average 27.3 MPG. I am pretty satisfied with it.

For people who hasn't clean their fuel system, it's probably a good idea to do so, i do it every time i change my oil. And i use Chevron techron concentrate fuel system cleaner. I notice a difference once a while.

I just got done with a full head rebuild with new valve springs and 1000 delta's plus spacers and gaskets. I still gotta do motor mounts/dog bone, tranny cross member an rear diff bushings but I'm doing another recording on what new mpg ill be getting