LegacyGT.com

spec b spring rates? ride quality can i go for a ride in your spec b stock

driving

I have been checking for weeks and have found no info on these springs?

I have Eibachs and have been bouncing off the bump stops. These are the only springs i've known they came on the car.

I have a set of spec b springs ready to go in. But like to know what I'm getting into before i spend the time and money...

The kyb's are an oem replacement, and are valved as such. The specB springs are the same rates as the oem lgt springs AFAIK, and therefore they should match.

Anything stiffer than oem springs will burn through a set of kyb's in short order.

thanks for all the reply's just wish i could go for a ride in a stock spec b (i know shock will be different) I test drove one LGT before i bought mine but don't recall the ride but ride height was similar to my car. It took me a full min to realize my LGT was lowered. I like the ride of my wifes G6 but has like 5 inches of wheel gap not my cup of tea.

Well bolted up the spec b and kybs last week. So far great ride. Takes the bumps and potholes the way a suspension should. Still have a sagging left rear must be that wornout joint the subaru dealer said was due to be replaced. Anywho great ride this stock set up. Sure a bigger rear bar would help but one thing at a time. Ill post pics when i get a chance so others can see what a spec b Kyb set up looks like. And if anyone comes across the spring rates for the spec b springs post em here. thanks

The kyb's are an oem replacement, and are valved as such. The specB springs are the same rates as the oem lgt springs AFAIK, and therefore they should match.

Anything stiffer than oem springs will burn through a set of kyb's in short order.

eibachs/epics are about 1" lower all around and stiffer. dampers that are meant to go with stock ride height and stiffness (aka. the kyb gr2) are not dampened enough.

alright I was wrong, I thought I read that some where

Archived