LegacyGT.com

Honolulu, Hawaii - things to do at night?

AKLGT

My friend and I will be on vaca in a couple weeks. We want to hit up downtown Fri or Sat night or both, so what's or where's great places to go if we want to go clubbing??
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I don't really know if there is much of a clubbing scene on Oahu...Maui on the other hand is supposed to be more of that type of scene. When I was out there in April there wasn't too much going on at night though it was better than Kaua'i, everything closes at 7 on Kaua'i :p

• 2 weeks later...

Honolulu? Make sure you

1. Malasada at Leonards

2. Eat at Da Kitchen - be sure to get the pan friend musubi

3. Mac24 good place to start off the night

4. Waikiki - just walk one end to the other - you will get sucked in somewhere

5. Hit up the dole plantation (good for a touristy laugh) for a pineapple whip while on the north shore

Let me know if you are really looking for a party. I will hook you up with my da' kine island boi kama'ina. They will show you the party!

places i highly recommend for some drinks and dancing

Oceans fri. sat., Bonsais tues., senior frogs and DnBs wed., paparazzi but idk if you would like the place, mai tais tiki bar is always good anynight

theres a lot, just depends on what kind of atmosphere you want to be around

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Wakiki in October for 8 days. buddy of mine works there so he took us around. it was my favorite vacation to date. here are my recommendations of stuff to do on Oahu.

- snorkeling go to walmart and get a cheap set. don't really need the fins just the goggles. we went snorkeling everytime we hit up a beach. kept the gear in the trunk and always had swim trunks on. I got to swim with a sea turtle. they are all over.

-kayaking, was around $25 per person. look for coupons in those handbooks. loads of fun.

- plenty of places to hike (diamond head, koko head mountain, etc). when we were at koko head i was like catching my breath some dudes were holding water jugs climbing up. crazy.

- it's an island so there's so many beaches. too many to name.

- $30 scooters for the whole day to ride around the island. best $30 i spent while was there.

- Longyard bar - over 100+ beers on tap. world's largest.

- cliff jumping, theres the leaping rock on Waimea Bay but we had some locals take us to the nice spots. these dudes were insane. barefoot climbing to 80ft and nose diving like it's nothing.

- food was amazing. I'm korean so I had plenty of places to choose from. Lot of Japanese and Korean bbqs, thai restaurants, etc. Best fried chicken ever was at this small chinese joint called Side Street Inn.

- Giovanni's shrimp truck, way overrated. It was on food network i believe but it wasn't good.

Shaved ice - it's real big there. People recommend Matsumoto's. I thought it was aiight.

Plan an itinerary if you go. There is too much to do. I think we only went out at night like twice.

Waikiki is definitely the place for night life but it tends to be touristy and pricey as much of downtown is. There are a number production groups which host weekly BYOB parties around Oahu. This is more of the techno variety but usually a good time!

...too bad I missed this post by AKLGT otherwise I would have been of more use...?

wailoa shave ice is the best shave ice, its in town side though....on the friend chicken, most mainland friends i've brought to dirty lickens has labeled it their fav. fried chicken, side street is pretty good too....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived