LegacyGT.com

Seats in the 08 GT.

jonklein611

Yeah but the seats in the 2.5i are not both powered like the GT, and are one notch below them.

Maybe you can get them recovered in cloth? I find I like the leather in the Legacy. They clean up easily.

X

---

I sat in a brand new BMW one day, must have had immitation leather or something. It was like sitting on rubber in the summer!

They do, and they have for many years. They call it "Leatherette" and it is essentially a vinyl seat. Leather is, however, an option on the car (for another few thousand dollars).

Unfortunately the American mentality is that "looks like leather" is better than cloth, which is why BMW provides this sticky vinyl, rather than cloth seats in their American vehicles. To my recollection you can get cloth in Europe.

The other thing you might want to consider if you can spring the extra for it is get the Spec B. The seats are covered in Alcantata which might breathe more than the leather.

Yeah, I'm just doing research for now, prob 2 years from buying a new suby. Got to get out of college 1st. However, the gf is looking at a Legacy, but she's questioning the leather because she has leather in her current vehicle and hates it in the summer. Also I've been trying to test drive a GT around here, and there are none! Anyone else have this problem? Are they coming out with new version or what?

Thanks for all the info on the seats n stuff.

Archived