LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

I have AST 4100 suspension from my 2011 STi. Before I se it will it work with my 2014 Legacy 3.6?

Thanks

I believe there is something different between STI and WRX coilovers. We do know that WRX coilovers fit. Might want to ask Myles or someone else that's knowledgeable on the subject.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

STi front coilovers have a slightly wider bottom mount than the WRX ones but I can fix that with a spacer I think. I had these on my 08 WRX for a few months before I got the STi. I had to send them in to get retrofitted. It would be nice if they would just fit the 3.6.

I have AST 4100 suspension from my 2011 STi. Before I se it will it work with my 2014 Legacy 3.6?

Thanks

since the ast's are single height adjustable, it would be quite difficult to get the 5x114 lower off and put a 5x100 lower on. the ears on the coilovers are different between the 2 knuckles. i'm still waiting on my 4150s for 08+ wrx.

• 2 months later...
JDM headlight (Right-Hand Drive) would be illegal here in the US because of how they are aimed (for approaching traffic on the right).

Other than that, fitment should be identical, but JDM lights were blacked out and ours were all chrome, gobs of it....:redface:

can you adjust the lights for US use if you buy the JDM headlights?

also do you how much you have to change on the usdm legacy to get jdm front bumpers to work on them?

You know, all the useful information that would usually get lost in the shuffle should go into the first post.

I can't tell you how many times I've searched for something and end up on the wrong page or have to filter through posts. Not to mention when someone posts in the "what did you do to your 5th gen today". Try to guess which page you need to go to in order to see the intended post.

Thanks nstg8r.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

You know, all the useful information that would usually get lost in the shuffle should go into the first post.

I can't tell you how many times I've searched for something and end up on the wrong page or have to filter through posts. Not to mention when someone posts in the "what did you do to your 5th gen today". Try to guess which page you need to go to in order to see the intended post.

Thanks nstg8r.

I agree. On slickdeals, every second entry is wiki entry that any registered member can modify and update. It would be nice to have that here so if the OP is inactive then other members can update it.

I've managed forums before and would volunteer my time here to help with that.

Sorry, haven't found it - Would 2005 XT wheels (17" x 7" 48 mm offset I believe) work with a 2010 LGT that currently has 18" wheels on it?

Yes. (you can't go smaller than 17 and clear the brakes, though)

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! The LGT guys got better heads than the STis! :lol:;)

On the other hand the STi:s can get higher boost if the compression ratio is lower.

So it will balance itself out:

• More power available because more boost is possible.
  • Worse fuel consumption figures because not as efficient when out of boost (which is most of the driving)

453747.png

Ok first I'm not new to subarus, but I did just rejoin the legacy family. I have a question for you guys, I read that the newer legacys have a equal length header. Has anyone swapped it for a unequal header? I mean the subie burble it what it's all about! Would a 08 wrx or sti header work on my new addition to my subie family? It's a 2012 legacy 2.5i limited, ideas?

I can think of dozens that are older than you, including myself by a few years, 44. This thread is a "stickie" thread so its for informational purposes and not really for banter.

Introduce yourself in the thread below by going to the last page. This is the daily happenings of all the 5th Gen owners.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-you-do-your-5th-gen-todayii-vol-2-200439.html