LegacyGT.com

Question about the price of 2005 LGT Limited Wagon 5EAT

eqt2010

Hi all,

I just went to the local dealer yesterday and saw a 2005 LGT Limited Wagon(5EAT) is on sale. The sale price is 26533, and the MSRP is 31751. I asked them about the milage this car has and they told me that it's around(maybe below) 100 miles. Is it a good price for a 2005 5EAT LGT limited wagon? I ask this question because I have to convince my wife this is a great price and we can go for it, or she wants to buy a 2006 Outback XT with Nav. which is around 31xxx, or a full loaded Tribeca with Nav/DVD which is 36xxx.:( Thanks.

sounds like a fair price, in my opinion.

it really depends on the part of the country your located, what options you want.. etc... A good deal one place might be a horrible deal somewhere else.

Look to pay around invoice though -- depending on incentives going on - possibly less.

Are you also considering a 2006 legacy wagon?

Thanks for the reponse. I'll not consider buying a 2006 LGT wagon because SoA doesn't offer a Navi system for the wagons, and it's kind of necessary for my wife. That's why she wants a Outback XT with Navi or a B9 Tribeca with Navi/DVD. I know to have a Navi is great but for more than 5 thousand dollars difference, I really don't think it's worth it.

no NAV in the wagons?! are you sure about that? I know the Manual transmission got dropped for 2006 in the wagon.. but i'm pretty sure wagon's can get the NAV system.

BUt either way - like you said, at the price subaru gauges you for the NAV.. you're better off saving the cash and going out and buying an aftermarket GPS unit if you need one.

anyhow, sorry I can be more help, but good luck getting a new subaru.

WOW! I would say no matter the options were on that 2005, that's a GREAT deal. My deal: 2005 LGT Limited Sedan 5MT (+ one hell of a lot of options) MSRP- $30,330 My Price- $25,900. Invoice was $27,900 so I got $500 off that and the $1500 rebate. If it's the color combo you REALLY want and can be happy with, then I would get it. I almost bought a LGT that was cheaper, but wasn't the EXACT color combo I wanted (Red/Taupe), and now I'm happy everyday I get in and I love what I have. Price is key, but in the end you should get what you want, even if it's a little more in the end. Best of Luck!!!
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Well, I just visited the dealer today and saw the actual milage this car has is 233. Although the dealer told me it's a dealer-to-dealer milage, should I concern about this? It seems that the milage is a little high compared to other's experience. Thanks.

they will go lower, make them think you are interested, tell them they are asking to much. dont be afraid to play dirty. I verbally agree on a deal, they right up all the paperwork, I walk in and sit down to sign it, then at the last minute, i get up and walk out and tell the sales man that I dont fell like spending x amount of dollars on an of when its almost 06. they get mad, manly because they drew up all the paper work and thought they had a sale. dont ever give in, make them call you. DONT CALL THEM. they are snakes and can smell weakness from a mile away. make them work for your sale. the last thing they want is an 05 sittin around when the redesigned 06's are already on their lot. I got my 05 gt for 22,000. $3500. more for leather, sunroof, and a few extra feet of space? NOO WAY.

they can and will do better.

good luck and welcome to the site!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Well, I just visited the dealer today and saw the actual milage this car has is 233. Although the dealer told me it's a dealer-to-dealer milage, should I concern about this? It seems that the milage is a little high compared to other's experience. Thanks.

The miles don't seem horrible. For negotiation purposes, though, tell them you're concerned about the miles and ask about the dealer(s) and distances it was driven from, etc. Ask how they can be sure its being broken in properly, etc.

$26.5K is a great starting point to negotiate. I got my LTD 5EAT wagon at the end of August for $26.2K. If you're determined, I bet you can get them to go under $26K. Like everyone says in this forum, hold your ground and be ready to walk until you're happy with the price. Silence is also a great negotiating tactic - don't reply with a quick answer to their price questions. Be quiet and take your time. Make them sweat, etc.

Good luck. Once you get it for a price you're happy with, you'll be all the more satisfied. It's a really sweet ridehttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif!

26.5 sounds like a good price for LTD with 5EAT...i got offered 25.5 for LTD sedan with 5MT and the price diff between MT and EAT is around a 1000 ...so this is a great starting point.

i'm pretty sure it includes all incentives...but if you can get them to go lower say 26 even then that will be a real good deal

http://www.google.com/maps + printer = far cheaper alternative than a NAV computer.

Better yet, you can get a county road atlas for about $30..

Can also buy aftermarket NAV units that I hear are better than

Suby's.

I guess simply, don't let the inclusion or exclusion of a NAV computer make your desicion. :)

Thats a killer price BTW... :)

Archived