LegacyGT.com

wheel wobble

So i went out in the snow this morning.. Not smart.

Wound up hitting an ice/slush chunk taking off the entire middle portion of my front lip.:mad:

But, more importantly, my car is wobbling.

When i get above 40mph, i notice that the steering wheel shimmies. No noise from the bearings or any noise to refer to. Slight veer to the right when i let go. Shimmying recedes when i turn left.

I got the car lowered (Tein-S Techs) about a week ago, and held off on getting it aligned until i get the new shoes put on, which was supposed to be in about a month.

Could this be an alignment issue? Or something more serious such as sway bars or suspension?

To top it all of, i get to the breakfast shop which was the reason i had trekked out in the first place.. AND THEY'RE CLOSED.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I make T-Shirts! and I Detail Cars(I'll go to you!) Send me a PM!!

We all go crazy - especially since you didn't even get your coffee and breakfast :) I had the same thing happen a couple years back. I thought I bent a rim hitting an ice chunk. Turned out I just had some really hard packed snow in the one wheel. Glad it worked out.

Lets face it - its not like our first instinct is to throw ourselves in the snow and try to look under the car in the freezing cold... Had this happen to me in the Durango in the east coast - freaked me out. Totally entertained my father in law. (Course, I'm from Cali, so wtf do I know about weather)

Archived