LegacyGT.com

Why are WRX owners so rude?

Is it just me or are WRX owners rude when you see them driving? Tonight on my way home I see these two WRX's (one was an STI), so I catch up to them and totally just blow by them...then we all stopped at the next stop-light together and so I'm thinking they will smile back and wave (you dont see too many subies out here), but no they start harassing me and flicking me off.....not cool.....LEgacy OWns

they see you rolling, they hating...

you riding without a hood scoop so you're not going to get any love.

I thought i was going to read about 2 wrx's being relentless to a LGT owner. You blew by them! and in a 2.5i!

hahahahaha

but yeah wrx owners are not nice generally when i encounter them on the road. sti guys are usually cool though.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Tonight on my way home I see these two WRX's (one was an STI), so I catch up to them and totally just blow by them...

Uh, you did a ricer-fly by. You didnt line up to race, you just drove past them. did you expect them to say hi? You are supposed to pace them, look over and wave. All you did was drive by.

Is it just me or are WRX owners rude when you see them driving? Tonight on my way home I see these two WRX's (one was an STI), so I catch up to them and totally just blow by them...then we all stopped at the next stop-light together and so I'm thinking they will smile back and wave (you dont see too many subies out here), but no they start harassing me and flicking me off.....not cool.....LEgacy OWns

See what GT owners here opine about N/A Subarus.

Extrapolate.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

+1 for me too on the ricer fly-by

but WRX cars do cost less than Legacy while STi cost more, maybe the $$$ shows a different class in people? Or maybe WRX just usually attract younger people.

Also the Leggy is also a more refined and sophisticated car, so it attracts that type of customers

everytime i see a legacy its a old man ....and everytime i see a wrx its some young kid who wants to race me...maybe because im also a young kid (18) with a subaru

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

- George Carlin

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest Gitster

Mmmmm meat.

I doubt any younger (under 21) WRX owner would even realize that an LGT is a faster car than a WRX (minus STi) . Drivers are drivers, I get most angry when people try to pass me on the right 4-5 times unsafely, when anyone can clearly see there is no room to merge back. I always give these people the thumbs up cause theyre super smart ... NOT(Borat). I waive at most Legacy's wagon or sedan, any 2.5RS, and any WRX. I never challenge anyone unless they seriously piss me off. I like playing with BMW's and Audi's but I never pull d1ckhead maneuvers cause i respect those cars.

Beatadrum,

What everyone else said ;).

Seriously, down here in Southern California, at every single Subaru / SCIC / NASIOC / LegacyGT event, all of the WRX & WRX STi owners that I got to meet were cool to hang out with, chat, get info, etc. A few asked me tons of questions about the Legacy as an upgrade or "second car," etc.

I've also never run into any problems on the road, mutual "Hi" / Waves, etc.

Just don't do the ricer fly-by; that's not cool. :p

so I catch up to them and totally just blow by them.

Ricer or not, you pulled a Fly-By and no people will ever be cool with that. Turbo Subaru drives wave at each other most always ... but the way we do it is by slowly catching up to them and glancing and not stupidly showing superiority which in your case was actually just ignorance. You simply can't blow by someone and then expect respect...regardless of what you drive...

I'm the Maniac in George Carlin's qoute...haha....jk....

Ricer fly-by, blow by, or just plain flew past them...no wonder they were upset...lol...they knew they could so smoke you, but they think you're thinking you owned them...annoyance much...lol....I wouldn't take it personally though...everyone has different ways of showing brotherhood in there love for cars...

Brian-

oh trust me i realize the could have smoked me easily....i just took advantage of the one oppurtunity that I could feel better about myself passing an STI hahah....its like when my mom used to have a minivan and I had to drive it before I got a car, I would pass up ferrari's just to say I passed a ferrari in a mini-van....lol maybe its just me

Archived