LegacyGT.com

Dealership recommendation

vinte77

I need to take in the car for in for warranty service. Which dealership do you guys recommend in the Los Angeles area? I did a search and kept getting conflicting reviews. Thanks for any insight you guys can give.

Just curious, Why is that?

There is a guy on socalsubies that works there and he does great work, recommended by lots of the local.

Everytime I went there, I had bad experiences. Both sales and service department. I just go to Sierra now if I need anything done.

I always go to sierra they are mod friendly as long as you look for and make appointment through Joanne the service rep and that nothing is seriously wrong with your car like blown motor because they do send a SOA rep out for that. Just say Jason sent you she'll help you out

i recommend christina @ renick subaru in fullerton.

lol, on the contrary, all my worst experience was with Renick Subaru back when I had my 05 LGT. Christina is a very nice lady and shes the only person I liked at Renick, but I can give you a whole list of things of how bad the dealership's services & mechanics fuked up my 05 LGT.

Some of these things are messing up schedules, forgetting schedules, giving incorrect advices, putting the wrong piston ring inside my 05 LGT causing one of the cylinder to go kaboom! Ended up giving me a new block under "Good Will Policy" cuz they won't even admit it was their fault. One of their mechanic (Todd) had to pull me aside and tell me what really happened. Fuking Renick Subaru are full of lying incompetent bastards. One time I went thru an hour traffic to showed up for an "appointment" service, and Christina just didn't show up. I asked one of the other service rep and he said "How the f*** should I know!"

Anyways, I would have recommend Chino Subaru, but they got bought out by now the Ontario Mitsubishi and Subaru which used to be Ontario Saturn. From what I've heard, Puente Hills Subaru has better mechanics, I've had good experience with them. However, their sales rep can go to hell. I was a signature away from buying a 2010 LGT ltd from them, but they need to haul the car from San Jose. So I told them I'll put some money down and pay the rest AFTER I check the car out when it arrive. For absolute no reason given, they say they simply won't do it. So I bought an exact same model for the exact same price -towing fees at Ontario that very same day.

I have now had two great experiences at Subaru of Sherman Oaks. The first, a 60,000 mile service was great. I just returned from having the oil changed. Same experience. In both cases, the technician came out to talk to me to explain what he was doing. The service writer, Peter Diaz, is the most conscientious service writer I have ever dealt with. These have been the best dealer service experience I can ever remember having. When you go, be sure to see Peter.

I go to Sierra Subaru as a convience. I had my 08 Impreza AC replaced under warranty without any problems. They did the specified services I wanted. I tend to not make appointments and show up mid day, the oil changes do kinda get a little long. Their small cafeteria food is edible reasonably priced.

Avoid Renick, and stay far, far away from Timmons Subaru. I know it's slightly out of the area you're asking about but avoid it at all costs. I had two bad experiences with them: from the damage my car sustained I was able to infer that they reversed it at high speed into a curb or a concrete block, scraping the bumper cover, bending (and severely curb rashing) a wheel, ripping off one of the mudguards, and bending some suspension part that is now making noise. They also did warranty work on my rear window due to some static issues but ended up denting the roof during the install. Denied responsibility for both, and didn't even try to offer an apology.

If you feel like driving a little bit more, however, I've had a good experience at Irvine Subaru so perhaps that is an option.

Just an FYI. We offer all dealer services, repairs, etc. Plus more. We also carry the entire Suabaru OEM parts catalog. So we get you OEM parts at a discount.

We can not do Subaru warranty work. Sorry. We are independents.

would reccomend alex at subaru of ontario. bought my car a puente hills and have not been satisfied with their service dept. they dont give a rats a$$. plus ontario is down the street from me. also tuner friendly.

Even worse is that what makes a dealership "good" is the people, and many times the good ones move around. So what might be a good experience one time, is not the next.

Its not just Subaru. I have had few good experiences at Nissan Dealerships.

its universal at most dealerships... I hate it when I go to a dealer and know more about every car on the lot than the sales guy does. plus, speak english! I dont buy cars in mexico, I buy them in america. I've yet to visit a dealership where I have had no issues what so ever... Best dealers seem to be lexus, bmw, and mercedes dealers... I have to say, carmax isnt too bad either.

glendale subaru is pretty new. ive gone for few oil change nothing big. i got my car from timmons subaru the service guy robert is cool i havent had any problems there. i havent gone there since gendale opened

I dont know WTF anyone else is talking about. I have been to Puente, Santa Monica, and more and all these dealer service departments are complete hacks at best - abusive to customers and unwilling to take responsibility for there errors at worst.

glendale subaru is pretty new. ive gone for few oil change nothing big. i got my car from timmons subaru the service guy robert is cool i havent had any problems there. i havent gone there since gendale opened

yeah i like glendale. no problems, but no major work done on my car

THIS^ but call and talk to Edward. He is the Internet Sales Mgr. (If you can't get a hold of Edward, talk to Ross, he is the Service Mgr but may not give you a break.) Tell them you know Max with the "crazy dark blue legacy GT" from the subaru forum and get a great price.

Andy is a good tech. He put in my exedy clutch and wrx lwfw. Thats right, they are willing to work on my modded LGT

Ross stayed 30 minutes late personally when he did not want to approve overtime just to give me my car when I explained how important it was to get it that evening.

Good guys who actually try to do good.

EDIT: STILL EXPENSIVE compared to a private Subaru Mechanic

I have now had two great experiences at Subaru of Sherman Oaks. The first, a 60,000 mile service was great. I just returned from having the oil changed. Same experience. In both cases, the technician came out to talk to me to explain what he was doing. The service writer, Peter Diaz, is the most conscientious service writer I have ever dealt with. These have been the best dealer service experience I can ever remember having. When you go, be sure to see Peter.

I'll second Sherman Oaks Subaru. I've taken my car there for warranty work a few times now, as well as a few oil changes, as they are convienent for me (halfway between work and home). Service seems competent and prompt. They have even worked with me on getting issues approved for warranty when they could have easily said no.

Two things to be aware of though:

1)The service writers, especially Peter, are a bit flakey concerning call backs. I would be promised a call back by a specified time and it generally doesn't come till 2 days later.

2) Do NOT let them wash your car. They rinse your car off with a hose (no cleaning solution at all), and wipe it with a dirty towel. The result is damp, scratches, spots and smeared dirt galore!

Archived