LegacyGT.com

How To: Make your LGT feel like a rocket ship

This writeup is assuming you already have said LGT, level of modification does not matter. It also is assuming you have or have access to a full size pickup truck. I used a 1997 Dodge Ram 4x4 Sport 5.2 v8.

Step 1: Become accustomed to driving said truck.

Step 2: Go take the LGT for a drive.

Step 3: Be amazed at how much faster the LGT got.

Your welcome and enjoy.

Any damages, fines, or angry citizens are not the OP's fault. Do this process at your own risk.

• Moderators
IDK the new minivans from Chrysler with the Pentastar 3.6 and six speed tranny haul ass! Not to mention an Honda van with a V6.

Yeah, I have a Honda van with V6--it will definitely get out of it's own way, but the thing is still a boat.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Drive a 2nd gen NA LGT - it's obvious that it's chock-full of Subaru DNA - and you'll quickly realize that the power and refinement are MIA. Then drive your 4th gen LGT. No need for more than that.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My second vehicle is a '96 K1500, extra cab, long box with a 5.7L. It actually gets up and goes pretty well. Then again my LGT feels like a slug next to my last track bike...'04 ZX10R. :)

Most high performance sports cars would feel like a slug compared to an '04 ZX10R. :eek:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I like driving my gf's Mini Cooper, non-S model, around town. It has plenty of zip below 4,000 RPM and it's a manual. Easy to park, amazing amount of low end torque - will chirp tires in first couple of gears - steers really nicely, but once on the freeway you need to downshift couple of gears and flat foot it to pass. The Legacy just spools up and goes; feels great. The down side is that she doubles my mileage around town and she drives aggressively; 18 vs 36.

I use a 2003 Toyota celica to get the same affect. Spec B is sitting in the garage for the winter. Should feel like a new car when I finish everything and take it out this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is your Spec sitting in the garage, mine is here in VT for the week while the wagon is home resting.:):bbq:

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
Been driving an old isuzu special purpose truck and 10k ATforklifts for the past 6 months with speed limits of only 35mph (AT barely passes 20)...yeah when I drive my legacy again I'm probably going to deficate in my pants. Especially since I'll be going stage 3 before I get to really even drive it again... :D

Archived