LegacyGT.com

Tune now or after?

DW1324

Alright so I installed a erz/cnt catted dp and a gimmick motorsports cbe last weekend. And now the mod bug is gnawing me to death already. I want to replace to the factory bov.

I am currently using the Cobb stage 2 91 ots map.

Should I wait to get the tune after the bov or will installing one after a tune screw it up? And in regards to a tune, does anybody know of a trusted local Colorado tuner?? If not I'm willing to get a tune from infamous. Thanks guys much appreciated.

Well I would like to run a 50/50 bov. I know a protune will help my car a enormous amount. But I have a few problems with boost and I don't know if it is just the ots map or if it's my bov. In second gear only no matter how light I throttle it my boost will basically hiccup at close to 3000 rpms and at wot it does that at 3000 and about 5200. And even with the later rpm tapered boost when I shift my car will throw you forward bad. So I figured a 50/50 bov would help with the surge during shifting. Or a tune could fix it. Either way it would be nice to fix.

It's not your BPV. The stock BPV is good well beyond the capabilities of the stock turbo, and is even fine for like a VF52 or BNR 16g. Your hiccup is probably from the tune itself, as it's pretty common (search for things related to hesitation). You'll find a lot of info on it.

The 50/50 will really not do anything good for you, as the car runs a nice full recirc setup.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/technical-info-bov-bpv-set-up-and-operation-150687.html

I should also mention, that big "pull" forward you're getting on shifts is likely from the suspension. They squat pretty hard in the rear under acceleration, so when you combine that with lifting off to shift, you get a pretty rough toss forward.

My understanding which may be 100% incorrect -- check with smarter people than I, is that the Legacy is set up a bit undersprung in the back to keep the ride a bit more comfortable, and the car is also intended to dive forward a bit in order to brake flatter (which is why the stock rake is a bit to the rear).

I had RCE Tarmac 1s on my 08 LGT for a couple years before getting my 09 spec.B -- it was so much softer in that respect I thought I was going to throw myself through the windshield the first time I did a real hard 2-3 shift.

Alright so I installed a erz/cnt catted dp and a gimmick motorsports cbe last weekend. And now the mod bug is gnawing me to death already. I want to replace to the factory bov.

Should I wait to get the tune after the bov or will installing one after a tune screw it up? And in regards to a tune, does anybody know of a trusted local Colorado tuner?? If not I'm willing to get a tune from infamous. Thanks guys much appreciated.

You have quite a few local options I pmed you about, personally I think the stock bpv does a great job in most cases but that's a choice. Hope this helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I am running 22psi on my stock BPV, and it's doing just fine.

I personally found it much easier to get a road tune than to do an e-tune. It's reassuring to know that if I have questions/problems, my tuner a short drive away, not thousands of miles away. Plus, having had a boost leak at the start of my last tune, it's nice to have someone to help fix those problems.

Cryo is very highly regarded by other Coloradans http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cryotune-performance-review-176203.html

I was tuned by Eric from Torqued Performance, and would highly recommend him as well.

Archived