LegacyGT.com

Should I wait???

mclellan83

I am not gonna be able to buy til May anyways, so should I wait to get an 06' or see if I can get a steal on the '05? What do you think the pricing difference will be? The reason I am debating is if it is worth it to get the Navi stock or do it myself. Thanks for your time.

Hey, welcome to the boards. Always waiting for the next best thing is not always going to get you what you really want. Take computers for example:

Remember the days of te 286? or even 8086?. Pentium 2's and 3's are pretty much obsolete. So.... If you like what the LGT has got to offer (and that's a lot), go for it. Personally, I never get a car in it's first year of major redesign.

Cheers, Mack

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing in both aspects. Thats why I am going back and forth, not diggin a first year on a redesign but a good price and putting the Navi the way I want it. Or getting a stock Navi that is covered. My only question is the price difference, if I could get the same price I would probably go 06'.

Any specific options you hope to get in the 06 and hence wait for (e.g. mp3, nav, etc (which of course we don't know if the 06 will have anyway or do you we?)? If so, it may be worth waiting. If not and it's only price, I'd just look for a good deal with the style/color you want and get driving.

You will almost 100% see Navigation in leather only outbacks and legacys. Also being told it's a factory only option and not available as an accessory yet. If they don't make some kind of kit for the 2005 even if its stupid expensive it will be Subaru's loss. It's not really the first year of the redesign as the car has been in Japan and overseas for a while now. Also from the pictures I've seen the navigation will NOT have a door to cover the screen. No way at all you will get an 06 for the 05 price. The price will go up on the 06 and navigation my guess will be near or around a $2,000 option.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Talking how much nav will be is just that. No one knows the final price of that option or availability. No clue on the price increase but I'm sure around 500 to 800 at least.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Corey, in terms of build quality, do you think it would be best to get an '05 at the end of its production, or would it be better to wait for an '06? When I mean build quality, I'm talking about the little kinks that need to be addressed. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to get at.
-ben

I understand what you mean axis. Build quality of certain parts or sheer construction quality isn't going to change for this MY05. Mainly cause they have almost finished up all the 05's already at the plant. You have NO idea how many suggestions for improvements, suggestions, complaints, etc I send to the executive in charge here for New England. He does send them onward too to the big wigs of the company and they do read them.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

we should know what the 06 model offers soon enough,, i would wait till we know.. also i cant wait for the navi,, imma put one in right away,, me needs,, it was just plain stupid not to even offer it as an option in the 05,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived