LegacyGT.com

Headrest Monitors and DVD

RedWag

Just signed up, and haven't has a whole lot of time to browse here, but I haven't seen anything on video for the LGT. We have an '05 wagon, and are looking to put in some rear seat entertainment to shut the kiddos up. With the huge sunroof, a flip down is impossible, and we all know the issues with an in-dash option. Guess that leaves me with the headrest monitors as the only choice. Anyone put them in yet? I guess the sound can't be wired into the stock stereo/speakers, so the IR headsets will probably have to work. That's OK since I don't want to hear Mickey and Goofy while I'm driving anyway;)

Love to see some pics and ideas for video, if you have them.

Yeah I know. I trekked across the West with my older sister in the back of an '82 Accord. Didn't even have a stinkin walkman. Miserable.

I swore I wasn't going to do the DVD with the first kid, but the second is not a good passenger. Plus mobile electronics are cool, and I love to waste my money.

Give those kids 5 across the eyes to shut them up! I didn't have a TV glued to my face everywhere I went when I was a kid! Damn kids and their spoiling parents...

Welcome BTW :)

So...because I have a dvd player for my kids, that makes my kids spoiled:confused: . lets clarify, I don't believe in turning on the dvd player on trips around town like alot of people do.

when we go on long road trips it gets turned on, but for short periods of time. the rest of the time we talk or listen to music. key word: MODERATION

Redwag, I did a search some time back and found the head rest monitors, don't remember where though. we just use a 7in laptop one.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

So...because I have a dvd player for my kids, that makes my kids spoiled:confused: . lets clarify, I don't believe in turning on the dvd player on trips around town like alot of people do.

when we go on long road trips it gets turned on, but for short periods of time. the rest of the time we talk or listen to music. key word: MODERATION

Redwag, I did a search some time back and found the head rest monitors, don't remember where though. we just use a 7in laptop one.

Well this is the idea. Longer car rides, or when the wife and I just need a little peace and quiet. I do not plan on them watching cartoons on the way to school.

I will do a search, and see what pops up.

cadillac has a pretty sweet one that pops up from the center console. couldn't find one that would fit our cars.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hmmmm. A little research with the search function isn't giving me good news. There could be an issue with the headrest themselves. Active headrests in the event of a collision. I have no idea what that means though.

In about 30 minutes of playing on this forum I have found that there is pretty much no way to change a head unit or mount a screen. Great. I can't stand the post mount monitors, or any form of portable set up either. Any thing else I should know about this car!?! Can't change the tires without buying new wheels?

^^^+1

There are quite a few companies that offer these products. I'd just suggest that, if you're not going to do the install yourself, go to a custom audio shop and they will hook you up with whatever your heart desires (especially with your love of dishing out the cash).

2 headrest monitors, dvd, factory integration and 2 IR headsets (all installed) should run in the $1500.00+ range.

Happy shopping.

a company calle SAVV sells very nice replacement headrests made for the leggy.

factory matched material and alot of different screen/dvd combos

www.savv.com

I guess their website is being updated. Been down for two days. I will keep checking though.

Archived