LegacyGT.com

245/40/17?

scoobydoobie

Subscribed. What wheels? Just curious.

Did you roll your fenders yet? Might want to do that ;) Also, you can mount a wheel and extrapolate off your current tire width and wheel width offset to produce an objective calculated fitment difference (EG 14mm more outside, 10mm more inside, 8mm bigger diameter, for example). Easy to do, so you might as well!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Subscribed. What wheels? Just curious.

Did you roll your fenders yet? Might want to do that ;) Also, you can mount a wheel and extrapolate off your current tire width and wheel width offset to produce an objective calculated fitment difference (EG 14mm more outside, 10mm more inside, 8mm bigger diameter, for example). Easy to do, so you might as well!

Wheels are Drag DR-31 in charcoal grey. For now just re-used my 225/45/17 DWS tires since they still have plenty of tread.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6162/39425632.jpg

Do you think rolled fenders are necessary? Another thing I need to consider is that soon enough I will be doing Spec.B front LCAs w/Whiteline bushings/RCK. The added caster in the front would also change the front geometry/tire clearance a little bit.

So go out to your car, and see if you have an extra ~10mm of clearance both inside and outside of the top tire width. If you do, it'll fit. If you don't, then it won't fit. If the only thing in the way of it fitting is the fender lip protrusion, roll it. simple as pie.

Lastly, look up the diameter tire specs on tirerack.com for your current tires and new tires in new size. Also use the spec sheets to compare tread width data (not all 225s and 245s actually measure exactly 225mm and 245mm, respectively. So, 15 minutes of homework, tops, and you will have checked the fitment on paper and similarly in real life. Let us know how it goes!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have 17x8 +48 (I think) wheels with Tein Spec coilovers. I've been running 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs, which tend to run wide, for the last two summers. I had to roll all four fenders, but am towards the lower end of the height adjustment of my coilovers. IMO, rolling your fenders is definitely worth being able to run wider tires, especially if you do any track days/autocrossing.

I ran MB wheels 17x7 et 42 with 235/45/17 BFG KDW 2 on stock suspension with no rubbing. Except in severe compression at >100mph (HPDE), where some rubbing could be heard outside the car. There are rub marks on the front strut towers that match up to the outer edge of the tires, but I never felt it. The body is stock.

For this season, I'll likely change the wheels Enkei PC01 17x8 et45 with 235/45/17 BFG KDW 2. Test fitting these with a fitting system shows they'll fit.

Moving to a 17/??/245 wont fit unless you pull your fenders quite a bit (assuming you have 05 GT wagon). The test fit I did with 17x8 et45 & R1 in 17/40/245 needed to have the fronts pulled almost 2 inches. The rears were a bit less.

• 1 year later...
Just installed 245/40/17 dunlop star specs with koni inserts on stock struts and iON springs. Wheels are 17x8 with 48mm offset. Had to roll the rear fenders. A speed bump test showed no rub but this is the widest you can go because there is only a couple of mms of clearance with stock struts.

Lol - yeh but I guess my original post was unclear. I ran the 245/40/17 on stock struts (with Koni inserts) which is why I had no more tire clearance. If you run coil-overs that is a different story. (Fixed original post)

• 9 months later...
Lol - yeh but I guess my original post was unclear. I ran the 245/40/17 on stock struts (with Koni inserts) which is why I had no more tire clearance. If you run coil-overs that is a different story. (Fixed original post)

Grave dig. Did that work?

Archived