LegacyGT.com

Where to go for tint in SoCal?

Legasee

Summer is comin up and wanna get it tinted before the shops get booked....where do you go to get good job/service tint in SoCal and how much did u pay, including front windows? I paid $130 for titanium tint, but that is 2 less pieces than the Legacy ("extra" piece behind the rear door). Thanks!
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Sean, I forgot to give you this card last night. This guy is in Sherman Oaks and he has the best win tint job I've ever seen. It might be a little far but he is worth the drive.

http://smcars.com/pics/tint.jpg

Thanks buddy!

See! This guy is great!

In Taiwan now...:spin:

i got mine done, my friend got his evo done, and his gf got her a4 done by this guy. he drove to us and gave us a great deal. hes done it for the past 10 years and i guess also does it as a moonlighter lol. BTW he uses high grade 3m tint

Pedro's mobile window tinting: by appointment: 310 809 1171

no harm in getting a quote, and seeing if he'll come to your work or home:)

I used Eclipse Solar Control in Valencia (661) 702-0740. Dealt with the owner Bobby. Nice guy with a lot of experience. It was also very convenient for me, since his shop was right across the street from my office, so I just dropped off my car and walked to work. I used a Suntek film, which has been very nice, but he also uses Llumar films, which are also excellent.

Sean, I forgot to give you this card last night. This guy is in Sherman Oaks and he has the best win tint job I've ever seen. It might be a little far but he is worth the drive.

http://smcars.com/pics/tint.jpg

When I picked up my LGT at SM Subaru, Reza recommended Hamid to me. All I can say is this is one of the best tint jobs I've had. I was really happy with the customer service that they provide as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/LegacyGT/side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/LegacyGT/rear.jpg

here is mine with Quantum HP tint second from the lightest from California Tint for $180 including front windows

• 7 months later...
I got mine from Tint Plus in Laguna ... kinda expensive, but they are a Formula1 Platinum dealer and have a transferrable lifetime warranty on tint and labor. $420 for full ceramic tint on my wagon. I've been using this place for almost 10 years and haven't had 1 problem with them.

What did you guys pay for your tint? I'm just looking for approx figures so I'll know what range to expect (never done a tint before, so I'm a n00b here ;) )

I guess I should expect $400 as a high range :lol:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

I got mine from Tint Plus in Laguna ... kinda expensive, but they are a Formula1 Platinum dealer and have a transferrable lifetime warranty on tint and labor. $420 for full ceramic tint on my wagon. I've been using this place for almost 10 years and haven't had 1 problem with them.

Irvine Subaru uses them. Got full ceramic tint on my wagon for $280.

doesn't ceramic mess up your radio reception?

i've gotten some decent non-ceramic, high quality film (madico, llumar) quotes from several places in south county (<200) with lifetime warranty.

I think it's the metallic that causes interference with your radio. I have a metallic on mine and I don't notice any difference in radio reception.

• 2 months later...

<bump> ;)

Just got my car tinted this past Friday at Sunshield Glass Tinting (Hamid). I was debating on whether to go there or to the closer Tint Connection, but after doing a bit more research I found Hamid was recommended by a lot more car forums (thanks Google!)

+1 for Hamid and Sunshield Glass Tint. Took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and only cost me $165 for all windows (15% rear windshield, 35% other 4).

Very professional and nice; I would recommend these guys to everybody. :)

There were a few minor bubbles in the rear windshield, but they seem to have evaporated now. :D

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived