LegacyGT.com

05-07 advice

i'm looking for a legacy gt sedan. is there any huge differences from 05 to the 07's coming out. i know about the si-drive thing, doesn't seem that huge. also i do want the nav, has anybody installed one that didn't come with it or know of a unit that fits in the nav area well? thanks

Basically here are the differences that I know of...this is what an 07 has vs. 05-06

Different Wheels

Fold down rear seats

Aux-in jack (headphone jack input) in the center console for mp3 players

Different radio on non-nav (maybe all, but I don't have nav)

The surround arround the fog light is black and not body color (not sure if this is new for 06 or 07)

new color choices

Basically if you don't care about this stuff, you can get a killer deal with great incentives on a new 06 with a $2750 rebate.

I personally like the new rims and needed the mp3 jack and think the fold down seats are nice to have. I also like the new color - so I went with a 2007 Diamond Gray Metallic sedan.

Basically here are the differences that I know of...this is what an 07 has vs. 05-06

Different Wheels

Fold down rear seats

Aux-in jack (headphone jack input) in the center console for mp3 players

Different radio on non-nav (maybe all, but I don't have nav)

The surround arround the fog light is black and not body color (not sure if this is new for 06 or 07)

new color choices

Basically if you don't care about this stuff, you can get a killer deal with great incentives on a new 06 with a $2750 rebate.

I personally like the new rims and needed the mp3 jack and think the fold down seats are nice to have. I also like the new color - so I went with a 2007 Diamond Gray Metallic sedan.

If your essentially looking for the fun of driving a Legacy then go with an older because anything listed here doesn't affect the driveability. He's right about the 06 and the rebate incentive. That's probably your best option, value wise.

I waited till the 07's came out and jumped on it for the fold down rear seats! Who couldn't use the extra room every now and then?

The si drive system is blah, it helps in bumper to bumper traffic, but it's still blah. I wish I could leave it in S# mode all the time. Oh add the in dash 6 disc MP3 changer. I've gotten up to 16 folders to recognize, but the lack of a quick search feature is just annoying, but it's better than not having the ability.

If you can find an 06 and don't care for the above, save money and get an 06 while you can. Heard from my dealer today that 07 allocations are tough...

The si drive system is blah, it helps in bumper to bumper traffic, but it's still blah. I wish I could leave it in S# mode all the time.quote]

You can't leave it in a mode all the time? Does it reset everytime you start it up?

You can't leave it in a mode all the time? Does it reset everytime you start it up?

The I and S modes will remain intact after restarting, it's the S# mode that won't stick. It will revert back to S mode after each start.

Well, that's too bad. I don't agree with their philosophy here but I can understand it.

Archived