LegacyGT.com

End links

sportwagon

I ordered a STi pink & Cusco Sway bar combo package from Racecompengineering.com and I would like to get endlinks to install at the same time... Anyone have any comments, advice or suggestions as to front and rear end links!

Thanks!

-Mark

So Cusco is the way to go?

Anyone else have end links installed?

Thanks Keefe... I'll search cusco endlinks, I'm assuming that they'll be universal between models (impreza, legacy, STI) right? Possibly only varying in material and size?

I've never got around to doing swaybars and endlinks in my W, so it is a unfamiliar modification to me. I understand the principle and am familiar with the general locations of the swaybars, but I have no practical experience to work with!

Anyway, thanks!

AVO's will work if you are planning on the drop...but some have had issues with them...and have stuck with the OEM ones.

Cusco would be fine...they are a fairly reputable company...but I have not heard about anyone running them, as yet. Don't think that they are the same as the one's for the WRX though...as the WRX one's are more of a 'C' shape, whereas the ones for the legacy are more of an 'I' shape.

Good luck.

So Cusco is the way to go?

Anyone else have end links installed?

Thanks Keefe... I'll search cusco endlinks, I'm assuming that they'll be universal between models (impreza, legacy, STI) right? Possibly only varying in material and size?

Others had Avo, Perrin Maybe? and Cusco.. Not sure about whiteline though.

Anyways, Avo, Cusco are adjustable endlinks (meaning you can shorten or lengthen them to make them fit, which really it doesnt make too much sense when you really want is to shorten them to make the sway bar work its magic).

Keefe

Keefe

AVO's will work if you are planning on the drop...but some have had issues with them...and have stuck with the OEM ones.

Cusco would be fine...they are a fairly reputable company...but I have not heard about anyone running them, as yet. Don't think that they are the same as the one's for the WRX though...as the WRX one's are more of a 'C' shape, whereas the ones for the legacy are more of an 'I' shape.

Good luck.

If you're going with STI Pinks, then you'll be lowering the car. So the AVO end links (front and rear) would be perfect with your F/R sway bars. They are adjustible, overbuilt, and about 1/2-3/4" shorter than the stock end links so they will work perfectly with the Cusco Sways. If you are staying stock height, then don't go with the AVO end links as they're too short to use without dropping the car some.

ITD's assessment about the WRX end links is correct in that they are not designed for the 05/06 LGT/OB. The WRX end link has a bolt-through configuration on each end, while the LGT/OB has a lubricated, sealed ball-joint configuration on each end. Here's a pic of the AVO end link compared to the stock end link...

SBT

249108041_AVOAdjustableEndLinkOEMEndLinkComparo.JPG.ed330e9e54c6424c3e5efe7ca56b2cfd.JPG

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Wow...

Really difference from stock...

So to recompass the path would be:

STi Pinks

(AVO) endlinks

JDM swaybars? Or any other ones???

Anything else we should consider???

Tx

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I have Perrin Front and Rear sways, Perrin front and rear Endlinks.......They have been awesome!

The Ksport coilovers are go'n on tomorrow, so I'll be able to tell ya if the Perrin endlinks match up with the drop, which I am pretty sure they will.... If not, AVO's here I come

Damn Steve -

You got enough bandwidth to host all of your mods? :D

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Bro, if I got that shirt, I'd be in the dog-house for WEEKS. :lol:

Unfortunately, the wifey *can* read. ;)

-A

^ why do I like women who are smarter than me?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

:lol: Barley....just added the Tail light over lays, and Air box silencer to the website.....it never ends :D

That's Y I hope this T-shirt wins the contest

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8235

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a nice (and the best) one IMO Scans...

Hehehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Just curious, how necessary are aftermarket endlinks for the LGT with an improved swaybar (let's say 21mm)? I replaced my rear sway with a whiteline and noticed the endlinks are solid metal. Although they aren not real thick, they certainly aren't bendable by hand. The stock endlinks for the WRX were chintzy compared to the LGT. So, for an enthusiastic daily driver do you think aftermarket endlinks are necessary?

you can get Perrin endlinks.

Agency Power also makes them. They are the same as for the STI.

Here is the link: http://www.agency-power.com/susproducts.htm

I can get them for you (:

I actually have a set coming and putting them on the car to test, will let you know

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

www.pltek.net

Looking at the Agency Power link - it appears that the WRX/STI version MAY fit the LGT but I'd check them for compatibilty (length (overall), length (bolt center to bolt center), width, and bolt diameter).

If the Cusco end-links are adjustable and I can't recall if they are, then they should work fine with the STI Pinks drop. You'll need about 1" less end-link length overall with the Pinks.

SBT

Just curious, how necessary are aftermarket endlinks for the LGT with an improved swaybar (let's say 21mm)? I replaced my rear sway with a whiteline and noticed the endlinks are solid metal. Although they aren not real thick, they certainly aren't bendable by hand. The stock endlinks for the WRX were chintzy compared to the LGT. So, for an enthusiastic daily driver do you think aftermarket endlinks are necessary?

I put on the JDM Subaru RSB (20mm) on an otherwise stock suspension and the USDM end links work fine. I'm not changing out the end-links until I drop the car suspension-wise, then I'm putting on the AVO adjustables front and rear.

And you're right, the WRX and previous gen Legacys end links were really chinzy and and bendable by hand. One of the best mods was to replace those with solid end links, e.g., kartboy and/or Perrin. Stock 05 Legacy end-links are solid, with a sealed ball unit connector, and they work pretty well out of the box.

SBT

And you're right, the WRX and previous gen Legacys end links were really chinzy and and bendable by hand. One of the best mods was to replace those with solid end links, e.g., kartboy and/or Perrin. Stock 05 Legacy end-links are solid, with a sealed ball unit connector, and they work pretty well out of the box.

SBT

So... I might not even need to replace them since the are not cheesy.... oh, wait... I will need to replace them when I drop the car, right? But, otherwise if I were planning on keeping the stock springs and ride height, the stock endlinks would be equivalent to upgraded/aftermarket endlinks on a WRX, and it wouldn't be as beneficial to replace endlinks on the LGT?

confused... sort of! :dm: (aaaahlright... gigggidty gigggy)

Archived