LegacyGT.com

First Canadian 2005 Legacy Review

Ladies and gentlemen, Here is the first Canadian review I have seen for the all-new 2005 Legacy. While not identical, the Canadian market and U.S. market Legacy is virtually the same, so it is worth reading: [url]http://autos.canada.com/national/buying/story.aspx?id=D188457F-5C81-4BA8-B196-A877D0EC1FD8[/url] Cheers, Subaru-aholic

I LOVE this part: (looks like another rave... :D ) Acceleration is brisk (Subaru claims a zero-to-100-kilometres-an-hour time of 5.4 seconds), though wet weather precluded any sort of confirmation. Still, the boxer motor has a distinct growl as the turbocharger winds up and the car rockets past the few, slower-moving locals encountered on the snaky coastal roads leading away from Halifax toward Cape Breton. The five-speed manual that is standard issue is quite precise with short, positive throws. (The four- and five-speed automatics both come with the Sportshift manumatic function. GTs with the five-speed automatic receive the added benefit of steering wheel controls.) These same roads also high-light the GT's taut, European-like suspension (firm but not harsh) on the sometimes choppy and chewed-up pavement, and provide a workout for the well-weighted rack-and-pinion steering. It's a pleasure to roll up significant mileage as we hug the shoreline and slip through sleepy little villages. Subaru's Symmetrical All-Wheel Driving System provides surefooted grip no matter how hard the rain comes down or how severe the kink in the road is. Some wind noise intrudes into the cabin, although nothing that can't be mitigated by the sound system. Kevin

Kevin, While the review was oddly written in some parts (cousin Phil?), it was indeed glowingly positive. For North American market 2.5GTs, I have heard anything from 5.4 seconds 0-to-60 (as was the claim in that review) to 6.1 seconds. I suppose it will take Car & Driver or Automobile or Motor Trend to test one before we see a true number properly emerge. The Edmunds review was also very positive... and there should be a ton of new reviews surfacing over the next two weeks, so we will all have lots ot read. Cheers, Subaru-aholic

[quote name='PPower']I find it humorous that the most toned down article is on Subdriven.[/quote] I know.. I was expecting gtguy type enthusiasm from a subie specific news site. After all, isn't that what they're around for (to be the community cheerleaders)? Must have been having a bad day..

[quote name='gtguy']I LOVE this part: (looks like another rave... :D ) Acceleration is brisk (Subaru claims a zero-to-100-kilometres-an-hour time of 5.4 seconds), though wet weather precluded any sort of confirmation. Still, the boxer motor has a distinct growl as the turbocharger winds up and the car rockets past the few, slower-moving locals encountered on the snaky coastal roads leading away from Halifax toward Cape Breton. The five-speed manual that is standard issue is quite precise with short, positive throws. (The four- and five-speed automatics both come with the Sportshift manumatic function. GTs with the five-speed automatic receive the added benefit of steering wheel controls.) These same roads also high-light the GT's taut, European-like suspension (firm but not harsh) on the sometimes choppy and chewed-up pavement, and provide a workout for the well-weighted rack-and-pinion steering. It's a pleasure to roll up significant mileage as we hug the shoreline and slip through sleepy little villages. Subaru's Symmetrical All-Wheel Driving System provides surefooted grip no matter how hard the rain comes down or how severe the kink in the road is. Some wind noise intrudes into the cabin, although nothing that can't be mitigated by the sound system. Kevin[/quote] Are you still getting an outback xt kevin?

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtguy']I LOVE this part: (looks like another rave... :D ) Acceleration is brisk (Subaru claims a zero-to-100-kilometres-an-hour time of 5.4 seconds), though wet weather precluded any sort of confirmation. Still, the boxer motor has a distinct growl as the turbocharger winds up and the car rockets past the few, slower-moving locals encountered on the snaky coastal roads leading away from Halifax toward Cape Breton. The five-speed manual that is standard issue is quite precise with short, positive throws. (The four- and five-speed automatics both come with the Sportshift manumatic function. GTs with the five-speed automatic receive the added benefit of steering wheel controls.) These same roads also high-light the GT's taut, European-like suspension (firm but not harsh) on the sometimes choppy and chewed-up pavement, and provide a workout for the well-weighted rack-and-pinion steering. It's a pleasure to roll up significant mileage as we hug the shoreline and slip through sleepy little villages. Subaru's Symmetrical All-Wheel Driving System provides surefooted grip no matter how hard the rain comes down or how severe the kink in the road is. Some wind noise intrudes into the cabin, although nothing that can't be mitigated by the sound system. Kevin[/quote] Are you still getting an outback xt kevin?[/quote] I heard from someone (nameless, at their request) who drove the two--Outback XT and GT wagon--and said I'd be crazy to get the XT. It wasn't that the XT was bad, but the GT was just significantly better. So it looks like I'm back to a GT wagon. We must get different suspension tuning on the XT than the JDM (surprise, surprise). Kevin

Yeah, I thought that after you read some of those reviews that you would consider coming back the the GT wagon. Seems as though you have a better source and have helped me concrete my decision. So when can we expect the gt's at our dealers?

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Yeah, I thought that after you read some of those reviews that you would consider coming back the the GT wagon. Seems as though you have a better source and have helped me concrete my decision. So when can we expect the gt's at our dealers?[/quote] Good question. I keep hearing July from my guy. Kevin

Archived