LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

I towed a trailer across country with mine @100K miles. It's got 155K on it now.

Maintenance, good maintenance is the key - stay on top of it and don't cheap-out on it. If it needs it, feed it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...

New PS pump and AC idler pulley last week. For Xmas it got a tranny rebuild. The VC snap ring broke and the fluid contaminated the bearings.

Motor runs great thanks to Tuning Alliance.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

209k, just had valves in cylinders 2 and 4 burn out... in search of a new engine to swap in quickly and keep her going!

Wish you well in your quest for a quick drop in. Hope you find one for reasonable price. When I started my search I couldn't find but $6000 200K mile ones or unknown miles with never tested if ran notes.

Wish you well in your quest for a quick drop in. Hope you find one for reasonable price. When I started my search I couldn't find but $6000 200K mile ones or unknown miles with never tested if ran notes.

Found a couple engines with high miles on them as options for a drop in. Going to pull the engine and see what the extent of the damage is first. Hopefully I just need my heads machined and a valve job... But if not I'll be getting a shortblock from Outfront Motorsports or Turnin Concepts. :D

286,000 miles on the original block? That's insane. Congrats!

Yep, he's our hero.

He has done some things that all of us have not done. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Shh! Several months thinking there was a blown head gasket, I was checking it every morning before she took off on her 17 mile commute. Then I found a small leak in the hose from the return on the very top holding tank. Coolant was slipping past the (original) clamp. I changed both out with stainless. Within a day the hose split. Replaced about 8 " of hose with new clamps, and Voila. I am on my tippy toes, because I know the next problem is around the corner. It would be nice to make a 3750 mile service w/out turning wrenches.

For her, it's a fight. She is going to drive it to the junkyard, and I have already saved it many times.

My Diesel Truck is 16 years old and about to hit 180k.. It is very reliable. My point being, Subaru is a fun brand, but the aluminum boxer turbo motor @ 200k is going to fall apart. The bosses and the head bolts will go bad on any aluminum motor.

My point being, Subaru is a fun brand, but the aluminum boxer turbo motor @ 200k is going to fall apart. The bosses and the head bolts will go bad on any aluminum motor.

We got two members with +275k miles on OE blocks and turbos on this page.

I'm only at 154k miles as of today ;).. Mine eats very little oil over 3k-4k miles intervals, and turbo doesn't make a peep just holds 16psi like a champ. Annual Blackstone reports looking great, and will have another done this May. My trans functions like new, but needs center diff transfer bearing R&R, is noticeably noisy in cabin and has been so for about 50k miles.

Edited by BoozeRS05
Additional detail provided..

I'm almost at 120k, with stage 3 (bnr16g) since 63k. Just had front diff rebuilt, new axles, HexMods F1 + bushings and rear diff bushings done. Fun to drive again, and this gives me hope I can get 175k on the block. Always changed the oil around 3.5-4K with synthetic.

Driving much less now (used to be 12-13k/year, but now I can work from home a lot, so maybe 7-8k/year), so 175k would be another 5-6 years from now.

194k. BNR16g, Cobb dnw pipe, SPT exhaust and CAI.

Upper radiator hose failed 2k ago. Temps were bouncing up to 226 after local mechanic did replacement. Re-burp indicated little bubbles still occurring 15 mins after reaching operating temp ~203. Mechanic said head gasket may be beginning to fail.

Monitoring for last 1.5k, little temp swings, and all looks good for now. Coolant holding tank is not showing any change in level.

I am glad I saved some old Torque screen shots. My temp range is same as years ago.

(dash gauge stays a little below 9 o'clock position.)

dilemma: go for oe motor longevity, or

rebuild prior to failure with increased HP/tourque, constraint is 5EAT

I'm at 202k and rebuilding as preventative maintenance. Ultimately I knew I'd eventually go for stage 2 power levels, and didn't want to go through new timing belt and new parts only to push it over the edge and leave me stranded. Not that I had reason to think it would die, but I also wanted to do it on my time rather than have an emergency rebuild.

194k. BNR16g, Cobb dnw pipe, SPT exhaust and CAI.

Upper radiator hose failed 2k ago. Temps were bouncing up to 226 after local mechanic did replacement. Re-burp indicated little bubbles still occurring 15 mins after reaching operating temp ~203. Mechanic said head gasket may be beginning to fail.

Monitoring for last 1.5k, little temp swings, and all looks good for now. Coolant holding tank is not showing any change in level.

I am glad I saved some old Torque screen shots. My temp range is same as years ago.

(dash gauge stays a little below 9 o'clock position.)

dilemma: go for oe motor longevity, or

rebuild prior to failure with increased HP/tourque, constraint is 5EAT

My temp gauge sits at just below 9 also.

If you plan to keep the car, have the money for a rebuild saved up, have a plan in place. I did mine on my own terms 4 years ago this coming May.

Edited by Max Capacity

I got almost 200k

Its legacys hold up good if you do your maintenance on them

Only trouble i had was smoking from the hood

Your hood was smoking ? was it on fire...sorry had to ask.