LegacyGT.com

H3 Silverstars?

bluesuby

I'm looking for replacement bulbs for the fog lights on my 2005 LGT Wagon. I replaced an OEM bulb with a Hella H3, but the Hella quit after less than a year. Surprisingly, it's made in India so I wonder if the quality was there. Anyway, since bulb replacement is no fun, I would like something which will last and give good performance.

My local auto store carries the standard Sylvania H3 for around $5, and the Silverstar for around $15. I noticed the Silverstar is 65 watts so I'm asking if anyone has had an unfortunate meltdown of wiring or the lens with increased wattage. Anyone care to comment on the H3 Silverstar performance?

I've been using them for over a year now with no problems. I also use Silverstars H7's for my headlights. Silverstars do burn out after a year of continuous use so if you have your fog lights on all the time then expect to replace them in a year. Other than that there have been no problems with the wiring or lens. I like them because they are brighter than a normal bulb.

Thank you. I guess if you get up in the 100 watt area you probably run a risk of wiring or lens meltdown, so an extra 10 watts won't hurt anything.

I do use the foglights amost of the time from Fall through Spring because of the limited hours of daylight, but from May through September I'm coming and going during hours when the lights are turned off.

i feel stupid...but my fog bulbs themselves are HB4s. BUT everything i can find (autozone book and car manual) says H3? What is the proper replacement bulb? I am trying to upgrade from stock bulbs to silverstars to try and get a little bit better match to my 4500Ks. thanks.... 2008 2.5GTLTD DGM

Archived