LegacyGT.com

HELP! Need detailer/shop/something in Sacramento area.

GoSix

On Sunday evening, 5.5 Gallons of wart (beer before it starts fermenting), keeled over in the back of my wagon. I stripped it down to the metal in the back and cleaned extensively, which is quite easy on the wagon, but the smell still seems to linger. I'm wondering if I will have to do more. Are there places that specialize in removing parts and cleaning a vehicle? I'm hoping for a place in sacto...

Ideas? :confused:

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Try this place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/bubbles-car-wash-and-detail-elk-grove

I tried this place for the first time today because I've been working a lot lately and have been too lazy to wash the car. I only got the drive-thru exterior wash. For $18, it was a decent wash, but they did a great job on the wheels.

They do full interior detail for $124.99, which includes shampoo carpet, rugs, and mats. If you just want a carpet and mat shampoo, it's $40+.

Wow that really sucks. Have you tried steam cleaning all of the fabrics? That might help get the smell out. If not, pitch some yeast on it and see what happens. :p Good luck. I hope you didn't lose the whole batch.

It was a strong belgian blond with an OG of 1.079, really thick stuff (and expensive :mad:). The yeast was already pitched, so that was taken care of, hehe.

I have already steamvac'd every inch of carpet on the car. I'm wondering if the rear seats need to be removed. That's the kind of shop I'm looking for.

In the meantime, I'm letting the car out in the sun with the sunroof open during the day. I'll give it a couple more weeks, as it seems to be going away. Probably just residual crap and febreeze smell, I hope.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

It was a strong belgian blond with an OG of 1.079, really thick stuff (and expensive :mad:). The yeast was already pitched, so that was taken care of, hehe.

I have already steamvac'd every inch of carpet on the car. I'm wondering if the rear seats need to be removed. That's the kind of shop I'm looking for.

In the meantime, I'm letting the car out in the sun with the sunroof open during the day. I'll give it a couple more weeks, as it seems to be going away. Probably just residual crap and febreeze smell, I hope.

get some anti fungal powder like gold bond and rub it in good on the effected places. yeast is is the same family as fungi so that should help keep anything the steam vac missed from breeding.

also keep in mind, since it is basically a fungus, the hotter it is the worse it is for the organisms. yeast needs temps of 60-80 degrees to grow but does its best work in the mid range of that. gold bond + windows up = good bet you can kill the shit off

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, the smell is pretty much gone. Thank gawd! In memory of my lost ale, I brewed another one, but this time with an OG of 1090. It will be one ass-kicker of a belgian strong blond :icon_twis

Alright, the smell is pretty much gone. Thank gawd! In memory of my lost ale, I brewed another one, but this time with an OG of 1090. It will be one ass-kicker of a belgian strong blond :icon_twis

im having a bbq friday come over and bring your Belgian friend :redface:

You gunna' take this one for a spin in the leggy? :p

Actually, I already did after I made it at a brew day. This time it wore its seatbelt in the back seat, instead of being braced against a bunch of stuff in the back. Learned my lesson.

Actually, I already did after I made it at a brew day. This time it wore its seatbelt in the back seat, instead of being braced against a bunch of stuff in the back. Learned my lesson.

brewday where? brewitup?

I have my own equipment. I brew with the Gold Country Brewers Association and drink with the Hop Heads of Sacramento. We all get together with our equipment and make beer! You can get a basic equipment set for $99 at the Folsom Brewmeister. Come to a GCBA meeting or a Hop Heads event, and check it out!

Here are pics of the first time I ever made beer, which was just back in November.

Join us! *chanting* ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I have my own equipment. I brew with the Gold Country Brewers Association and drink with the Hop Heads of Sacramento. We all get together with our equipment and make beer! You can get a basic equipment set for $99 at the Folsom Brewmeister. Come to a GCBA meeting or a Hop Heads event, and check it out!

Here are pics of the first time I ever made beer, which was just back in November.

do you drink cider? i got a batch going in the garage.... we should do a brew exchange. :cool:

do you drink cider? i got a batch going in the garage.... we should do a brew exchange. :cool:

Yup, sure do. In fact, I made some early december, and just finished it off last week. Apparently the lady decided she didn't like the cider anymore. It wasn't sweet enough. Whatever :p

Nice tower setup! My first brew day looked a little more ghetto-tastic. Got the job done though. I'm currently trying to get everything together to start brewing 10 gallon batches. The stuff goes fast when you share!

Know anyone who is trying to get rid of a 15 gallon keggle or kettle?:)

Nice tower setup! My first brew day looked a little more ghetto-tastic. Got the job done though. I'm currently trying to get everything together to start brewing 10 gallon batches. The stuff goes fast when you share!

Know anyone who is trying to get rid of a 15 gallon keggle or kettle?:)

The tower setup wasn't mine. A buddy bought it from BBB (www.morebeer.com) for $1500 I think. I have a keg kettle I bought from the Brewmeister store owner for $150. Right now, I only know people who want to buy or make the keg kettles...none for sale that I've seen...

Yup, sure do. In fact, I made some early december, and just finished it off last week. Apparently the lady decided she didn't like the cider anymore. It wasn't sweet enough. Whatever :p

when my woman complains about the taste i just drink some pineapple juice... for the cider tho i just add honey

Archived