LegacyGT.com

Mag's 98 Gt

Hey all, figured I would post up and show ya what I got Just picked this up a few months ago. Have been lurking on here for about a year and decided to join. I now DD a 98 Gt and my son has a heavily modded 04 WRX. Picked it up for $2500 with new head gaskets, heads redone , timing belt, water pump, belts, all new brakes and new front axle shafts. Had some issues so have been slowly fixing stuff a I drive it ( mechanic and motorhead for over 25 years) Has a set of WRX front buckets swapped in and is an automatic fully loaded. Love the car. It's a blast to drive. And wife love it too. Trans shifts kinda funky sometimes feels like it slips a little first to second. Hoping to limp trans along till I can rebuild or replace it. For now eventual mods will be cat back exhaust and summer rims and tires. Eventually want to put some boost to it so figure an STi swap or newer LGT turbo motor swap. If I am correct I can't boost the stock 2.5 in it cause it isn't boost friendly. Is this true?

Well here it is:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/31/d1a9e09acd090d60b9cfd4874a74aff7.jpg

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk

Yeah it shifts hard sometimes as has a drawn out delayed shift when cold but it also seems to drag out the shift under moderate acceleration. Like it actually lags to engage. Don't notice a jump in RPM but it almost is sluggish for a split second while it tries to shift.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually backed off the brake band adjustment half a turn and the shift 'lag' ha got much better! It looks like the previous owner had tried to adjust this as there were marks on the lock nut an adjustment stud. A tech who works at a Subaru dealer said maybe he adjusted it too tight. So loosened stud half a turn and much better. Still there but very livable. May try going another quarter turn and see what happens.

Archived