LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

Who is tuning the 818 in Seattle?

I'm not sure. It's a RomRaider tune for the JDM ECU. he used a JDM STI import engine.

Boxkita will appreciate the next comment: Retro was running a Grimmspeed AOS that was puking oil into the intake. We unhooked it from the intake to a catch can and that was puking oil. I told him what you think of that AOS.

The car has an unbelievable amount of rear downforce. Too much, it had power on understeer that will have to be fixed. That rear wing is ginormous and the car is already rear heavy. The wing force would actually flex the tube frame down on the high speed straights. It doesn't help that it's hanging off the back so it has a lever effect too.

Then the Retro racing car spun a bearing during qualifying. That was it, we packed up and went home. Sound Familiar?

A dry sump will be on engine #2.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

It appears the other 818's problem may have been a very loose positive battery connection! The battery is located in the front and we never thought to pull off the hood and check the battery.

I kept saying to the owner that there had to be a loose connection or something was unplugged. The symptom of revving fine in the paddock but at speed not driving right was too weird to be anything else. We checked every connection in the engine compartment but I totally spaced out the battery under the hood.

Another in my long list of learning experiences. At least this one didn't blow an engine!

For those of you who've been around awhile, you might remember the "Team Pony Express" chumpcar that several local members built. Then things soured a bit and they fell off the map, so to speak.

Fast forward to next Friday, I'll be borrowing it for a lapping day at the Ridge with Turn 2 lapping. If you have free time on Friday, stop by. It's been widely updated to have a DOHC head and a turbo @ 10psi. It's been 4 years since I drove a turbo car at the Ridge, so looking forward to massive understeer exiting corners again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wish I had the 6 speed installed but alas it sits in my garage staring at me :( don't think it would be a good idea to take the GT to the track with no 1st gear. Looking forward to 6 speed goodness with front LSD next season!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took a spin around the PIR this evening. My best lap speed was about 4 MPH, but I only did 1 lap. Also, I was in a minivan with my wife and 2 kids.

Portland International Raceway is doing their Winter Wonderland event. They have holiday lights throughout the entire track. It's 20 bucks per car and my young ones loved it.

January 14, 2017 is the next winter driving skills class held by the Porsche club. Sign up on Motorsportreg.com (its free) using this link - http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-pnwr-drivers-skills-january-14-2017-bremerton-motorsports-park-622022 .

If you have never been, you're missing out. If we're lucky, it will be cold, wet, snowy, etc. Perfect weather for finding out how well your LGT does in the conditions it was designed for. It's not just for Porsche, all cars & all drivers welcome.

I just signed up. Its filling up fast, don't wait.

January 14, 2017 is the next winter driving skills class held by the Porsche club. Sign up on Motorsportreg.com (its free) using this link - http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-pnwr-drivers-skills-january-14-2017-bremerton-motorsports-park-622022 .

If you have never been, you're missing out. If we're lucky, it will be cold, wet, snowy, etc. Perfect weather for finding out how well your LGT does in the conditions it was designed for. It's not just for Porsche, all cars & all drivers welcome.

I just signed up. Its filling up fast, don't wait.

I did this at Team O'Neil Rally School located in northern New Hampshire a few years ago when I was still living in New England. It was a great time. Of course, that area is almost guaranteed to see snow throughout the winter months. Make sure you have winter tires and not just no-seasons.

Yeah, New England's climate is just a lot different. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a few storms with 6+ inches of snow. Winter tires are necessary if you want to go anywhere in a snowstorm.

Since moving out here, I haven't changed my summer tires once. I've thought about it a few times, though.

Yeah, New England's climate is just a lot different. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a few storms with 6+ inches of snow. Winter tires are necessary if you want to go anywhere in a snowstorm.

Since moving out here, I haven't changed my summer tires once. I've thought about it a few times, though.

Hop over to Bend if you want more snow. This is 24 hours of snow two days ago.

And the new Cloudchaser lift opened at Mt Bachelor yesterday. My wife and I had to be first day riders!

1636499563_SpecBDec210161a.thumb.jpg.6fd26911644cfc821a7683128d3c95ce.jpg

708822647_CloudchaserOpeningDec2016a.thumb.jpg.c203e5bc2edd4cda1637bba7b67ba778.jpg